"Shotguns for Home Protection"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never, ever heard of anyone being convicted, prosecuted or even arrested for using an AR for home defense. Sounds like some wild rumor mill stuff to me. The ol’ I know a guy that knew a guy who’s father’s cousin was arrested for using an AR.
Happened less than 2 years ago. Cant recall the location but man and wife on the front porch shooting at agressive BLM and ANTIFA protesters. Pretty sure the husband had an AR and wife had a pistol. Hes been charged last I hear but I could be wrong.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happened less than 2 years ago. Cant recall the location but man and wife on the front porch shooting at agressive BLM and ANTIFA protesters. Pretty sure the husband had an AR and wife had a pistol. Hes been charged last I hear but I could be wrong.
I do remember that and I’m wanting to say charges were dropped but I could easily be wrong. The scenario I was picturing when I wrote my post was actually being in my home and not on my property although I do believe Oklahoma legislatures are working to extend the castle doctrine to the boundaries of the property and not just inside our homes, cars and places of business.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do remember that and I’m wanting to say charges were dropped but I could easily be wrong. The scenario I was picturing when I wrote my post was actually being in my home and not on my property although I do believe Oklahoma legislatures are working to extend the castle doctrine to the boundaries of the property and not just inside our homes, cars and places of business.
They have, as of this current session I believe.
So had this man had a Model 12 shotgun rather than a scary black rifle, would things have went in his favor?
I dont know for sure but wife wasnt charged IIRC, with using a revolver.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was no shooting involved

"St. Louis Couple Who Aimed Guns at Protesters Plead Guilty to Misdemeanors​

Mark McCloskey and Patricia McCloskey of Missouri will pay a total of nearly $3,000 in fines and give up the weapons used in the confrontation"
Your a real antagonist, Bless your heart.
I claimed up from I didnt recall many detail. I thought I remember just pointing also but thought maybe shots may have been fired. and I didnt recall if they both were facing legal results or just him.
Did he have an AR?

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Completely agree. I have tried it and it can be done. However, I like the shotgun because I have no kids and so I have no reason to search the house. Hold up on the bedroom and anything coming through the bedroom door has a big surprise. But to the point police officers have breached homes with long guns for years. Takes training but can be done.
I agree. My situation the same. My technique a little different. If I really believe invader is in house, I'll be replacing sheetrock, doors etc. I'm going full "Shock and Awe", no warning from a handle rattle. I'm blowing my way out! Then the fleas flee. Or I'll do like I told my kids. Make yourself a small target hidden in room w barrel pointed at door. Either way, preparation will "Make Your Day"!

Latest posts

Top Bottom