Study finds higher homicide risk in homes with handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Some perspective:
Cause of Death Odds of Dying Heart Disease and Cancer 1 in 7
Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease 1 in 28
Intentional Self-harm 1 in 95
Unintentional Poisoning by and Exposure to Noxious Substances 1 in 96
Motor Vehicle Crash 1 in 114
Fall 1 in 127
Assault by Firearm 1 in 370
Car Occupant 1 in 645
Pedestrian Incident 1 in 647
Motorcycle Rider Incident 1 in 985
Unintentional Drowning and Submersion 1 in 1,188
Exposure to Fire, Flames or Smoke 1 in 1,498
Choking from Inhalation and Ingestion of Food 1 in 3,461
Pedacyclist Incident 1 in 4,486
Firearms Discharge 1 in 6,905

http://www.thinklikeacop.org/guncontrol.html
Yeah I do EMS work, and am around dying people nearly everyday. People die.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is one horribly done study. They had the findings written and did the study to match what they wanted to find.
Give that man a cookie! Correct answer!

That's how liberals "research." They start with a bias. They establish an agenda to buttress their bias. Then they design research parameters that will give them the conclusion they demand.

If I want my research published I'll start with a liberal/commie platform, e.g. gun control. Then I'll conduct a survey in Berkeley. I'll poll 100 students with the question, "Do you think private ownership of firearms should be eliminated."

Except, when I publish the results, I won't give the city or the demographic. It'll just say, "Nine of ten Americans polled say we need to outlaw guns."

That's how they roll.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give that man a cookie! Correct answer!

That's how liberals "research." They start with a bias. They establish an agenda to buttress their bias. Then they design research parameters that will give them the conclusion they demand.

If I want my research published I'll start with a liberal/commie platform, e.g. gun control. Then I'll conduct a survey in Berkeley. I'll poll 100 students with the question, "Do you think private ownership of firearms should be eliminated."

Except, when I publish the results, I won't give the city or the demographic. It'll just say, "Nine of ten Americans polled say we need to outlaw guns."

That's how they roll.
We all know that. The problem is with the ones who are too lazy to do their own research and instead rely on these BS studies and what the talking heads on CNN and MSNBC tell them. In other words the same morons who keep putting imbeciles like Pelosi and Maxine Waters etc back in office in spite of overwhelming evidence, literally at their doorsteps in some cases, that those are the same people responsible for destroying their communities.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't get any argument from me. The proof is they keep electing the same morons responsible for creating all the problems they are experiencing.
Thing is, even the ones campaigning as conservatives? They talk the talk until they hit DC. Then they join the "go along to get along" crowd.

But, yeah, no accounting for the (peabrained) mindset that keeps putting nan Piglosi and Mad Max Waters in office. And company.

Latest posts

Top Bottom