Should OU suspend basketball players for useing "N" word on national TV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10407042_466818566798619_2948987102530677591_n.jpg

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the whole n***a being a term of endearment. That's kinda busted now. Harrison doesn't like Kaminsky. So basically it's only okay if certain races use the word and they can pick and choose the meaning of it.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the whole n***a being a term of endearment. That's kinda busted now. Harrison doesn't like Kaminsky. So basically it's only okay if certain races use the word and they can pick and choose the meaning of it.

As if that was ever really in doubt - even to those who try to pretend otherwise.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We (white folks) have such a dismal record of advancing charity, minority rights, women's rights, scientific, medical and political advancement, maybe it's time to look to another group, one with a better track record, to run our country.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you meant this sarcastically or not. If it wasn't meant as sarcasm, I have to take issue with this statement. Are white people perfect, of course not, but name a culture or race that is. If you look at history, I think those of European ancestry stack up pretty well. The Asians have a pretty dismal stance on women's rights, discrimination against other Asians. The people of India with their Caste system. Those in the Mid-East, no comment needed. The troubles in Africa between people of different tribes. Native Americans with inter tribal warfare. I say all this as a person of both native American ancestry and European blood, I take pride in both sides of my family tree. I find this relatively new phenomena of hate for ones own culture baffling.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We (white folks) have such a dismal record of advancing charity, minority rights, women's rights, scientific, medical and political advancement, maybe it's time to look to another group, one with a better track record, to run our country.

I'm not sure if you meant this sarcastically or not. If it wasn't meant as sarcasm, I have to take issue with this statement. Are white people perfect, of course not, but name a culture or race that is. If you look at history, I think those of European ancestry stack up pretty well. The Asians have a pretty dismal stance on women's rights, discrimination against other Asians. The people of India with their Caste system. Those in the Mid-East, no comment needed. The troubles in Africa between people of different tribes. Native Americans with inter tribal warfare. I say all this as a person of both native American ancestry and European blood, I take pride in both sides of my family tree. I find this relatively new phenomena of hate for ones own culture baffling.[/QUOTE]

You obviously need diversity training.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Diversify him!

I'm pretty sure that many on here feel that I need diversifying, but I hate to tell you but I'm too old and set in my ways for any training to change my way of thinking. LOL I agree with one of the earlier posters, it's just a WORD. I don't know what kind of sheltered life some of these folks have lived, but I've been called just about every racial slur you can be called, as I am ofter mistaken for different nationalities of people. Grow a pair and get over it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom