sig mosquito

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lfreeman152

i have just baught a sig mosquito i have went through a 1000 rounds of cci mini mags this thing is the most non ejecting non firering piece of hookie i sent it back to sig they paid shipping both ways said its fixed havent shot it yet i really hope it runs good now but if not i just got my son the new sig 1911 22cal for his seventh grade graduation any body else have a mosquito with comments?

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple and yes I will have to agree, I believe that the Mosquito does prefer "hotter" rounds like your CCI, but I found that there is more validity to a mag affinity than to a round affinity. All the mosquitos I have owned ran flawless on a mag each gun liked. There was no rhime or reason as to what defined a liked mag. Example, I could put a mag in one sig that could not cycle more than twice and immediately take it out and put it another sig that ran it flawlessly, mag after mag. I could take another mag that wouldn't run at all in the second gun, put in the first one and it would run flawlessly, mag after mag. So now, I have labeled which mags run with which guns and have absolutley zero problems. The moment I switch one up, no more fun.

1S1K

My wife's mosquito had fte's whenit was new. The extractor was not able to take the fired case from chamber then feeding another one. I gave sig a chance to fix it and they did. I have lost the work order but I think they replaced the extractor spring and polished the chamber. Now it shoots cheap remington. I lube it more with silicone grease. I have only used the weaker recoil spring too. I still like my walther p22 better though.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The owners manual says to use high velocity ammo. It also comes with two recoil springs. Find out which one is the lighter spring and use it with the hottest ammo (most expensive) you can find and it should work. Don't overlube it cause .22 is very dirty and it will gum it up in a short time.

I haven't had any trouble with magazines.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have just baught a sig mosquito i have went through a 1000 rounds of cci mini mags this thing is the most non ejecting non firering piece of hookie i sent it back to sig they paid shipping both ways said its fixed havent shot it yet i really hope it runs good now but if not i just got my son the new sig 1911 22cal for his seventh grade graduation any body else have a mosquito with comments?

There's a fix to this; it's called Ruger .22. Just sayin'...

L

Lfreeman152

Thanks for the reply's I haven't got to shoot it since sig sent it back does anybody know about the sig 1911 I just got one gor my son I hope it's a nice as it feels

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a Misquito and a Walther P22. The Ruger SR22 I have now runs circles around both of them. Hasn't been sensitive to weaker ammo at all.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my Ruger MK III and my S&W 22A to the range today. Ran through a 325 pack + of Federal Automatch with no issues with either gun. Pizz on the (my old) P22 and steenkin' mosquito. For those of you who think the 22A ain't a shooter; well lemme tell you a thing or two. I'm on 22A numero dos and it, like numero uno, is a tack driver and runs great...except with Rem Golden Bullets and the Winchester Bulk Pack Crap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom