SIG Sauer Mosquito

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my mosquito back from Sig repairs, they did not send back my 2nd mag. They had me send both to check that they were feeding properly and not part of the gun's problem. Contacted customer support about them keeping 1 of my mags, but have not heard back yet.

Haven't got to try the mosquito yet since the repair work was done, probably will shoot it Friday.

Report showed they replace the recoil spring and reamed chamber. Looks like there is less step-up from the feed ramp to the chamber now.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mosquito goes back for factory repairs tomorrow. Has never worked great, FTL, FTE, FTF on every magazine I've put through it. CCI mini mag didn't matter, always had problems.

Called customer support and went through the history of problems and got an RMA to return it.

In about 3-4 weeks will find out if it will be a keeper and a shooter or not.

Update on my Mosquito. Got it back from Sig repairs and took it to the range today. I have never EVER been able to run a full 10 round mag through the gun without a FTL, FTE, or FTF, until now.

I am very excited to report that I ran 200 rounds of CCI mini mags through the gun today at H&H and did not have one issue. It was like having a brand new gun. Next trip I'm going to try some Federal bulk to see what it'll do.

So for any of you having problems with your Mosquito, call SIG tell them it Fails to everything, and send it back and let them work on it. They paid shipping both ways and turn around time was about 3 weeks.

I am now extremely happy with the gun and Sig's customer service.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Want a SIG .22lr??

S&W 41
S&W 2206
Beretta 87/87T
SIG Trailside
Ruger
Browning Buckmark series
Walther PP / PPK/s / PPK / PP Sport (Manurhin)
Walther OSP/GSP
Hammerli

Yep all expensive except the Ruger, and Browning, but all tend to work 100 times better than the Mosquito!!

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone here had any experience with the SIG Mosquito .22 LR pistol? I have read some bad reviews on them concerning jamming/feeding problems. When I was looking at them the counter guy said they were designed to work well with the 'hotter' .22 loads.

Maybe someone else has already asked this question. If so, please direct me to that post.:explode:

They were made with zinc die cast parts and the local dealer stopped selling them due to the numerous problems encountered. That was several years ago and I have not asked to see if the suituation has chanhed. I would be very skeptical that it has.

GomerPyle

Marksman
Reaction score
I bought a Ruger 45/22 with the slab-sided barrel, and I like it very much. The only complaint I have with it is that it doesn't fully eject the empty mag when the release is pushed. This is kinda annoying when you are trying to practice changing mags quickly.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Shooting Illustrated:

"The Mosquito would make an excellent addition to any law enforcement arsenal. Recruits entering police academy with little or no firearm knowledge or experience-which is often the case-would have a firearm that makes it easy to learn the basics and help them master the skills that might save their lives on the street.
In a hunting role, the Mosquito would make an excellent handgun to hunt squirrels and rabbits and rid the garden of unwanted vermin. Its compact size and light weight make it an easy carry when in the field, and its chambering is still an excellent game getter.
Sig Arms has taken the .22 LR and chambered it in a pistol that makes an excellent training and recreational tool. With its good accuracy and lack of recoil, the Mosquito is sure to find its way into training facilities, backyards and fields, all the while building confidence and accuracy, not to mention smiles."

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From Shooting Illustrated:

"The Mosquito would make an excellent addition to any law enforcement arsenal. Recruits entering police academy with little or no firearm knowledge or experience—which is often the case—would have a firearm that makes it easy to learn the basics and help them master the skills that might save their lives on the street.
In a hunting role, the Mosquito would make an excellent handgun to hunt squirrels and rabbits and rid the garden of unwanted vermin. Its compact size and light weight make it an easy carry when in the field, and its chambering is still an excellent game getter.
Sig Arms has taken the .22 LR and chambered it in a pistol that makes an excellent training and recreational tool. With its good accuracy and lack of recoil, the Mosquito is sure to find its way into training facilities, backyards and fields, all the while building confidence and accuracy, not to mention smiles."

They would not have been smiling if they had the POS that I had. I think the next one I will buy will be the Browning. If anyone has one forsale, let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom