SIG Sauer Mosquito

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one at the gun show saturday. Just hope and pray it is not a jam-master. I sure do like the way it feels. Going to the range tomorrow to try it out. That and the new HK 93. Good times.

Be sure and do a online search on the problems,there are some good tips. Like using Rem oil,changing springs , and breaking it in.They are finicky eaters.

Mensoutdoortoys

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned several P22's. I have yet to have one that is not a Jam/Master. I just gave up on them. Just hope the mosquito is a good one. Does not sound good from what I have read. However, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally have had many of the problems that are commonly sited but not nearlly as bad as people claim and they are all but gone by now. Only the occasional failure to feed usually because it was getting dirty or the aformentioned barrel problem. I have shot the little thing to death too with probly 5000 rounds. hard to keep track of it. Itll cycle anything also and pretty much always has, in fact last weekend I shot cci mini mags, federal bulk, and the 60 grain subsonic aquilas. All cycled equally well. I also at the same time noticed that the barrel had actually loosened up a little from the frame and w/ the fake can on was trying to rub on the slide. I just tighted up the 2 screws down there and it tightened right up. I like it because it feels like my other sigs but is cheap to shoot. The P22 feels to little and the browning and ruger look like space guns. If you want a really high quallity accurate pistol get the ruger or browning but if you want something cheap to practice on and you like the feel of the mosquito then dont be discouraged. I have had much worse.

Attachments

• sig.jpg
    sig.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 234

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to a buddy that bought one about 3 weeks ago. He said it is going to the gun show tomorrow. He told me last night that it was the biggest POS he has owned and said it don't compare to the Ruger. I did not have mine long. It was junk. Maybe they will get better in time. I know people want them. I took mine to the gunshow and sold it quick. I felt bad about a little, but I sold it for cheap. A guy I know told me some things I needed to do to it, but I just told him that I don't want to buy a gun and then have to work on it to shoot it.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my mosquito back to the range today for the second time since I'd gotten it back from Sig repairs for FTL, FTF, FTE problems.

My first trip to the range after repair a few weeks back, I only shot CCI Mini mags as recommended by Sig, shot 200 rounds with absolutely no problems.

Back to today, I shot about 250 rounds of only Federal bulk from Walmart and I had 2 FTL out of the 250 rounds. Before Sig repairs I would have a failure of some sort at least 2 out of 10 rounds.

So after repairs it is worth keeping for me, I really enjoy shooting it. I've got about 500 more rounds of CCI I think I'll run through it next before I go back to the Federal. I know I will shoot it a lot more now that it works much better. I can live with 2 FTL's out of 250 for the fun it gives me.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mosqutoes are defenitely picky eaters. It's not a bad shooter once you learn it's tricks. The wife loves to shoot it and it's a good gun to train the novice shooter to deal with FTF.

314alias

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington thunderbolt is $19.99 for 500 and i could sit and shoot all 500 and not have a jam.. that is the best cheap ammo to put through it. Its not that accurate but it is cheap and good for plinking. For more accurate i recommend the mini mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom