SIMPLE question, if ONLY ONE gun for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, what is it????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 19 or 23.

If it's not SHTF, then it's a gun that conceals well that's still large enough to be an effective fighting pistol.

If it is SHTF, I choose a Glock 19 or maybe a Glock 23 with a 40 to 9 conversion. It might mean I may have to use it to fight to a rifle, unless I'm able to scavenge one. I can always pickup rifles and may have to actively ditch rifles, but I would never want to lose my sidearm. Not as ideal as starting out with a rifle, but given that I will probably deal with a lot of urban, suburban environments with little rural environmental travel, a pistol is the best for concealment and mobility. And assuming that I'm on my own, I'm laying low and sneaking as much as I can without much visibility with rifle or no rifle.

Post SHTF and I have to survive off the land, then probably a Remington 870. I can hunt small game, large game, flying game, and defend against predators and other humans.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting that, when answering this question, many people assume a SHTF/survival scenario as what they ultimately want a gun for.

I'm gonna go with the 12 gauge line of thought here. You can game, hunt and defend with a 12 gauge. However you can keep your 870's, if its gonna be my only gun it might as well be a nice one. I'll take a nice auto-loader of the brownellietta variety and a slew of different barrels.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i'm only limited to one gun, i'm assuming i'm in a situation where the NFA and other such nonsense doesn't matter. Therefore, since the only part of an AR15 that is consider a "gun" is the lower reciever, I would have an AR with a .223 SBR upper, 16" mid length .223 upper, and a 20" rifle length 6.5 Grendel upper. That should cover just about everything I could use a gun for.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i'm only limited to one gun, i'm assuming i'm in a situation where the NFA and other such nonsense doesn't matter. Therefore, since the only part of an AR15 that is consider a "gun" is the lower reciever, I would have an AR with a .223 SBR upper, 16" mid length .223 upper, and a 20" rifle length 6.5 Grendel upper. That should cover just about everything I could use a gun for.

That's the other route I was thinking about. You could have 20 different upper combinations to swap onto your receiver and still be within your one gun limit.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's the other route I was thinking about. You could have 20 different upper combinations to swap onto your receiver and still be within your one gun limit.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom