SIMPLE question, if ONLY ONE gun for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, what is it????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I already thought about this exact question and bought a Colt 6920 M4 5.56x45 for normal defense etc. I also keep a CMMG .22 conversion drop in kit/bolt in my B.O.B. for anything else. A .22 is too important to leave out of any survival plan as is a real defensive weapon/MBR. This way I have both.

I know you could have a Ruger 10-22 for what that kit costs but the question was "what single gun".

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ithica model 37 featherlite, 12 gauge pump. With a vent rib barrel and a deer slayer barrel. Good for birds, squirrels, varmints (both two legged and 4 legged), shoots slugs and buck shot for bigger game. I've owned one for over 35 years. Tough as nails, virtually no problems ( I've had a few shells that I've reloaded too many times, not eject cleanly). I don't think you could ask for a better all around gun.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have a custom 5.56 AR with suppressor, an M320 mounted to the bottom and a .22 conversion kit.

Or maybe a selectfire HK21. I've never even seen one in person but I really want one and it might be cool for an only one gun.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10/22 Takedown. Very portable, easy to clean, easy to modify, ammo widely available, and I can always use it to get something bigger if need be.:gun2:

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marlin 336 lever gun in .30-30. I'm a rifle guy, although I do own three 870 shotguns. With a Marlin .30-30 I can load light cast loads for small game, add a scope or red dot if needed, load 100 - 115 grain jacketed bullets for varmints/predators or personal defense, and 125 - 170 grain bullets for large game. .30-30 ammo is plentiful, 336 rifle is simple and durable, and I'm very comfortable with a lever gun.

Cedar Creek

AmericanPatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My savage .22 LR. Ammo is cheap and real easy to find. Not the best for hunting big game but could be done if you get close enough. You drop any country boy in the woods with a .22 and a pocket knife, he could survive forever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom