Since I'm gonna be a dad soon. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a Cricket but I'll have to order one if I get one so I can get something with a less common stock on it. I don't want a plain Jane synthetic stock.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this idea, start em out with a drop in 22lr converter and when they get a little older switch back to 223

The coolest part is that you can let them choose the parts, and help put each component together over time. I've bought and sold a few different guns that my kids shot, but the ones that are truly theirs... they helped build and will hopefully pass on to the next generation.

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like the idea of buying a lower and having them help put it together as they grow. If I have a boy that is what I will do. My wife is pregnant with our first daughter and I picked up a Mossburg 410 bolt actions shot gun off a member here for her. Cool thing is this gun is the same as my dad bought for me before I was born.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Savage Rascal. The replacement for the savage Cub. My daughter put hundreds of rounds through her Cub and was totally ready when she shot her first deer at 8 y.o. The Cub or Rascal blows the Crickett away. Accutrigger, real peep sights, smooth action and better stock. Will always say that a 10/22 is best .22 made but even the youth is normally too long of LOP. Shouldn't have to wait until 12 or 13 for it to fit.

I got her a Ruger Bearcat for her 1st christmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom