Slick50... what do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a uncle that was a Ford mechanic for 40 years. His favorite recommendation to penny-pinching customers was to always change the filter every time they changed their oil... otherwise it was like taking a shower without changing your socks and underwear.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all Slick50 does, you might aswell take $20 or however much it is and throw it out the window. Use quality oil/filters like Mobil 1 or AMSoil like others have said and you'll be fine.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a uncle that was a Ford mechanic for 40 years. His favorite recommendation to penny-pinching customers was to always change the filter every time they changed their oil... otherwise it was like taking a shower without changing your socks and underwear.

Wait wait... what?

Seriously, what?

Like... there are people out there who change their oil without changing the filter at the same time??? WTF?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mobil1 filters have more filter media, not better ... The only filter that has "better" filter is AMSOil - so I don't know why you bagging on it.

As far as topic goes - use quality oil, change it and filter often - you'll have very long and reliable service.

In some cases the Amsoil filter is just a rebranded Wix filter.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait wait... what?

Seriously, what?

Like... there are people out there who change their oil without changing the filter at the same time??? WTF?

What will really blow your mind are the guys who just change oil filters and replace only the amount of oil that remains trapped in the filter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom