Slick50... what do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
2003 6.0 powerstroke with 271,000, rotella 15w-40 in the summer and rotella synthetic during winter, changed every 5000 miles. 2002 7.3 powerstroke with 258,000 using the same oils. Had a Blackstone oil report done last year and they said that I could easily go to 8000 miles between changes. Just can't make myself do it though.......................someone earlier posted that pennzoil sucked, I had a rebuilt 351 put in a 1971 Ford bronco in high school, it had a 24 month/ 24000 mile warranty, one of things listed that would void the warranty was the use of pennzoil!

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i use brad penn in my car as well.

we have several trucks that have over 300k miles and some are gas some are diesel. they have dumped bulk conoco 15w40 in all of them and are changed every 5000 miles and we use wix filters. i have since then added a 5w20 semi synthetic bulk conoco oil tank for our new gas engine trucks.. keep oil in them and changed at 5000 miles and youll be fine pennzoil or mobile 1..

P

point and laugh

I sold my Yukon to a friend when it hit 280,000 miles. I never used any oil additives, just Rotella T and Wix filters, changed them every 6-7000 miles. It never had any problems. It now has 320,000 on it and still runs like new, I wish I would have kept it.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
flatwins said:
Yeah, fill us in on that BG stuff. Fact or fiction?

It's good stuff. Not snake oil, it's been a well proven product for me for years in dealerships. It's the only product I have ever seen live up to what I expect, and can have faith presenting to my customers. I have had lots of products over the years I won't sell, zmax for example. They have many products, is there a specific one you talking about?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's good stuff. Not snake oil, it's been a well proven product for me for years in dealerships. It's the only product I have ever seen live up to what I expect, and can have faith presenting to my customers. I have had lots of products over the years I won't sell, zmax for example. They have many products, is there a specific one you talking about?

Not any of their products specifically but my ex bought an Expedition a couple years ago and within a month, the transmission went tango uniform. The PO had done the BG treatment so BG paid $1k of the the repair job. I was impressed with that. So, is it a dealer only thing? Like as in, a guy has to take his vehicle to a BG shop or can the products be purchased over the counter?

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
flatwins said:
Not any of their products specifically but my ex bought an Expedition a couple years ago and within a month, the transmission went tango uniform. The PO had done the BG treatment so BG paid $1k of the the repair job. I was impressed with that. So, is it a dealer only thing? Like as in, a guy has to take his vehicle to a BG shop or can the products be purchased over the counter?

Not positive, but I think only dealers sell it. I don't know of anybody else. Service has to be done by the dealership for warranty to apply. We have special equipment from them for the services to be performed.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not positive, but I think only dealers sell it. I don't know of anybody else. Service has to be done by the dealership for warranty to apply. We have special equipment from them for the services to be performed.

Cool. I'm interested in their injection system cleaning treatment. I had that done on a truck in the past (not sure if it was BG or not though) and the thing was like a new vehicle. I know of a couple places here in Tulsa that are BG dealers so I'll check it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom