Small single stack pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry my PPS 9mm in a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB). It's very comfortable and I hardly notice it's there. The thinness does not equate to discomfort when shooting. They make 6, 7, and 8 round magazines for 9mm. I carry it with the 7 round mag and an 8 round in the pocket.

I also like the mag release under the trigger guard and the firing pin that protrudes as the trigger is pulled. You can place your thumb on the pin when reholstering and would feel if the trigger got snagged and started to be pulled. It also acts as a chamber indicator. It sits flush with the back of the slide when a round is chambered and is painted red for easy recognition.

It is also very accurate with all Walmart FMJ ammo I've fed it.

My 9mm PPS has also been reliable. I use a Theis IWB holster or a modified DeSantis Nemesis for pocket carry, 124 grain Gold Dot +P Short Barrel for ammo. The Gold Dots are really great, very little muzzle flash compared with Winchester White Box practice ammo.

I think if I was shopping today I'd look really hard at the Ruger LC9s, I wish I had some experience with one.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr CM9 all the way (or CM40 if you must). To hell with a .380. Do you really want to bring a .380 to a gunfight? Hell, the 7-shot 9mm with one spare is pushing it for me, but it is just so damn convenient. It is a true pocket gun, but I shoot it almost as well as a full size, and it runs full house 9mm defensive ammo smooth as a Ken doll.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girlfriend just bought a shield after months of holding every gun known to man. She doesn't like small guns, she says she doesn't feel like she has a good grip on them. Before the shield, she was debating a 1911 and the HK P30. She loves the feel of the shield though. I have to say, I am tempted to get one myself as well; however, I haven't shot it yet. But it does fit in my hand like I was squeezing silly putty.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr CM9 all the way (or CM40 if you must). To hell with a .380. Do you really want to bring a .380 to a gunfight? Hell, the 7-shot 9mm with one spare is pushing it for me, but it is just so damn convenient. It is a true pocket gun, but I shoot it almost as well as a full size, and it runs full house 9mm defensive ammo smooth as a Ken doll.

The.380 is more for just fun or light weight clothing like wearing a tank-top in the summer and stuff (Once I turn 21 of course).

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still in the search of a small single stack pistol.
In .380ACP: Glock 42
Beretta Pico (Plus you can shoot .32ACP, which I also really enjoy)
Beretta 85
Beretta 86 (If I had the money for one)
Kahr PM380
Sig P238

In 9mm: Walther CCP
Kahr K9 (If I had the money)
Sig P938
Ruger LC9s
Kimer Solo
Sig M11-A1

In .40S&W: Walther PPS (Or I might get it in 9mm, not quite sure, .40S&W is just my common go to pistol caliber)
Sig P239 (Also might get that in 9mm if I don't like it in .40S&W or can't get one in that caliber)
Kahr K40
Kahr CW40 (I'm not so sure on that one though)

If anyone has any others they'd like to mention then please be more than happy to post, even if they're older pistols like the HK P7, but nothing to old like an FNH 1910 (Even though I really really love that pistol!).

Last edited:

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Diamondback DB-9 which is a really small single stack 9mm.

Surprisingly friendly in terms of recoil, but not something one would want to shoot large amounts of ammo through, and I am reluctant to use high performance ammo in it.

Very concealable.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably my top 4 is: Walther PPS
Walther CCP
Ruger LC9s
Glock 42
All of these are great and yet not to bad in price, I just needa figure out which one I want. :'(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The.380 is more for just fun or light weight clothing like wearing a tank-top in the summer and stuff (Once I turn 21 of course).
That's exactly what I use my CM9 for. It fits in the pocket with my pocket holster in any pants I own. It is great for when I'm out in shorts and a T-shirt. I used to carry a .380 P3AT, and I can honestly say there is nothing I wear that it would conceal in that the Kahr wouldn't. Then again I don't have any of the real skinny pants y'all youngsters like to wear... :P

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's exactly what I use my CM9 for. It fits in the pocket with my pocket holster in any pants I own. It is great for when I'm out in shorts and a T-shirt. I used to carry a .380 P3AT, and I can honestly say there is nothing I wear that it would conceal in that the Kahr wouldn't. Then again I don't have any of the real skinny pants y'all youngsters like to wear... :P

Actually I used to wear like 36's in waist when I was in my Freshmen year, being 210lbs. Now in my Jr. year, weighing around 157, I wear 29's in waist.
I can actually wear like maybe at the smallest 26's in waist but since I have such high thighs I gotta' wear 29's. Only due to the fact I'm in wrestling I am able to squat 275lbs.
My max is probably like 315lbs.
So for me to find good pants and practice my concealed carry drills and other stuff, it's a bit hard.
I'm not real sure though how I just got on the topic of pants but yeah..... Anyways...... :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom