Smell of a deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fed-Ex just brought them and as others have said, I received 20 when ordered 160.

I called and they were going to send me a UPS label to take it to the UPS hub. I advised they need to come get it so they are sending UPS tomorrow to resend the package. At $5 a gallon, I am not willing to drive clear across town to the UPS hub.

Thankfully they are doing so.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They sent me a return label for ups. It's 50 miles to the ups store. No drop offs in my town. $5 a gallon gas isn't going to make it plus 2 hours drive time.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OKbassin has already filled me in, and I just emailed them to cancel my order. Fortunately, my order hasn’t shipped yet. I couldn’t find a phone number on the whole damn website.

In my opinion, it’s chickenshit not to honor your mistake or AT LEAST let the customer know there was a mistake. My bet is that they’re hoping folks will get mad but still keep their ammo anyway.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKbassin has already filled me in, and I just emailed them to cancel my order. Fortunately, my order hasn’t shipped yet. I couldn’t find a phone number on the whole damn website.

In my opinion, it’s chickenshit not to honor your mistake or AT LEAST let the customer know there was a mistake. My bet is that they’re hoping folks will get mad but still keep their ammo anyway.
The state attorney will be involved if they don't reconcile to my satisfaction. This is text book bait and switch. They'll have to pay UPS/Fedex to pick up the package at my house if they want it returned.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i thought ads had to be honored?

like.....isn't it illegal to straight up say "oh sorry it was the wrong price...."?

can't just be a cop-out because it's online right?

In general, there's no federal law requiring companies to honor a price that's wrong on the shelf. There are laws against false or deceptive advertising, but if a company can show the pricing error was just that, an error or mistake, then it's not false advertising.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yes; but at what point does "advertising" become fraud?

most bait and switches that are STILL illegal involve businesses running fake ads or promotions to get people into the store, then INFORMING THEM that the thing they wanted isn't available, but they have another deal to compensate, etc. etc.

that's not what occurred here; there were likely thousands and thousands of sales that were MADE at a certain rate for a certain quantity. these people got invoices, receipts, shipping updates, all of this, even delivery.

however

upon delivery it was obvious the seller has retroactively altered the sale to now include the "proper" quantity. people paid the same; got the same charge, and the seller merely sent less and called the deal done.
that's not even a bait and switch. that's not a misprinted ad. that's fraud. i'm *pretty* sure. i'm not a lawyer or anything, but proven malicious intent seems VERY easy here.

but i mean i know courts aren't based on things like what you can prove or what's true so.

all i'd need is a look at bud's books. they've got a lot of people's money, if they'd paid a big bill or made a big order with it there ya go. i'd bet the farm on it.

if i need to steal your money to pay for something, and i can claim it was a mistake and you'll get your money back *eventually*, i can still use your fraudulently acquired funds and pay off debt/make purchase, then let the courts and credit companies settle the rest.

LOTS of retailers use this trick; it's like selling data en masse then claiming you had a "data leak". your stocks will take a hit for a week or two, but you made millions if not billions selling that data dump so it's all good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom