Smells Like The Great Reset: Amazon Buying Up Massive Industrial Land Holdings Across the U.S. Even as It Reduces Warehouse Square Footage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

"Do you want to live in an America with Amazon fulfillment centers in every corner?"​

Maybe setting up for drone delivery and save on fuel costs? Have to compete with the Dollar Generals on every other corner! LOL

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

"Do you want to live in an America with Amazon fulfillment centers in every corner?"​

Maybe setting up for drone delivery and save on fuel costs? Have to compete with the Dollar Generals on every other corner! LOL
I think they're doing so in order to have multiple rural distribution centers in order to save on fuel costs as you said. There is a lot of rural use for amazon and by expanding that gives them the room to stock a lot of common items much closer to the delivery locations which means they're able to get it delivered faster and using less fuel.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazon still can get good rates on RE loans, how do you think management companies bought up so much real estate... My suspicion is the purchases happened within the last few years. " You will own nothing and be happy," is becoming more true every day, at least the first part.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazon still can get good rates on RE loans, how do you think management companies bought up so much real estate... My suspicion is the purchases happened within the last few years. " You will own nothing and be happy," is becoming more true every day, at least the first part.
I would venture to say that they bought and acquired the land pre rates spike, maybe with some friendly help from the powers that be knowing that interest rates were about to rise

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that’s certainly one way to spin it.

From what I’m hearing, Amazon is moving to smaller, more decentralized distribution centers to make their distribution more efficient and decrease delivery times. The idea that Amazon is trying to bring in a “great reset” is ludicrous— that’s the last thing Amazon wants. They need consumers buying stuff for them to continue being profitable.

There is the thought that they want to do for commercial real estate what they’ve done with cloud computing. They had this need for IT for their own uses, so they turned it into a profit center (AWS). They need these more geographically-distributed distribution centers, so they can make money by leasing out the excess capacity.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

From what I’m hearing, Amazon is moving to smaller, more decentralized distribution centers to make their distribution more efficient and decrease delivery times. The idea that Amazon is trying to bring in a “great reset” is ludicrous— that’s the last thing Amazon wants. They need consumers buying stuff for them to continue being profitable.

There is the thought that they want to do for commercial real estate what they’ve done with cloud computing. They had this need for IT for their own uses, so they turned it into a profit center (AWS). They need these more geographically-distributed distribution centers, so they can make money by leasing out the excess capacity.
But......how can we get a conspiracy thread going if they are going to use common sense?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

In the process creating more warehouses for storing cheap goods. Really hate to see I have to order everything online. If they increase their net worth in the process and strengthen their real estate position, they are eliminating competition in the process. Great reset? maybe not, another name for The Rich Get Richer, absolutely. The more we stay at home to receive our goods and groceries the more we lose our humanity and ability to relate to one another. Also the bigger the company, the less likely there will be higher paying jobs. 401K's are only as good as the amount you are able to contribute to them as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom