Smells Like The Great Reset: Amazon Buying Up Massive Industrial Land Holdings Across the U.S. Even as It Reduces Warehouse Square Footage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The one thing I think alot of people don’t realize about Amazon is that alot of small companies are in business because of Amazon. They are able to reach a lot of customers they couldn’t reach without Amazon.
and amazon couldn't reach a number of those customers without USPS.

uh oh you mean it's all a boondoogle!?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and amazon couldn't reach a number of those customers without USPS.

uh oh you mean it's all a boondoogle!?
Yup, the same post office that begged congress for money in 2019 and 2020 after doing a bad deal with amazon to deliver their packages at sweetheart rates. Our tax dollars have funded amazon's growth. All the USPS did was bought them enough time at a low cost to build there own delivery service. Again the taxpayer gets shafted.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 1900, it was mail order on lots of things. 'Progress' continued to happen till we got to the point that everyone wanted it NOW! We are now back to the point to where we order it and wait for it to show up.

What was old is new again. One of the most recurring chapters in retail history.

Carry on.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was the last time you saw any large company that holds a monopoly broken up? Look how much money is contributed by large corporations to political campaigns, who would deny that has any effect on elections or votes in congress?
You dont really see them get broken up because they now have to submit premerger notifications to the FTC. There is some manipulation regarding the dollar thresholds that determine when a notification must be submitted though.

It is also hard to blame our current economic environment on laissez faire market politics because we havent had laissez faire markets in a LONG time. The Fed dicking with the interest rates, minimum wage hikes (or minimum wage at all really), moratoriums on evictions during COVID, subsidies, stimulus checks all through a bagful of huge wrenches into our economy.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are key places where the consumer needs protection from the market, but our manipulations have far exceeded our skills to truly predict what the impacts will be.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You dont really see them get broken up because they now have to submit premerger notifications to the FTC. There is some manipulation regarding the dollar thresholds that determine when a notification must be submitted though.

It is also hard to blame our current economic environment on laissez faire market politics because we havent had laissez faire markets in a LONG time. The Fed dicking with the interest rates, minimum wage hikes (or minimum wage at all really), moratoriums on evictions during COVID, subsidies, stimulus checks all through a bagful of huge wrenches into our economy.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are key places where the consumer needs protection from the market, but our manipulations have far exceeded our skills to truly predict what the impacts will be.
I am by no means someone who thinks we have had laissez-faire capitalism ever (well, maybe 110 years ago or more). I do think that our politicians in collusion with large companies have grown them bigger. We have had crony capitalism for the past 110 years, especially in new industries. Google has more power than it should, Amazon has more power than it should (they control 2/3rds of the worlds servers.) One example, with the flip of a switch Amazon killed Parler.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am by no means someone who thinks we have had laissez-faire capitalism ever (well, maybe 110 years ago or more). I do think that our politicians in collusion with large companies have grown them bigger. We have had crony capitalism for the past 110 years, especially in new industries. Google has more power than it should, Amazon has more power than it should (they control 2/3rds of the worlds servers.) One example, with the flip of a switch Amazon killed Parler.
Absolutely, I was just responding to the below comment that Libertarian ideals in the marketplace could be blamed for our current economic turmoil. It is quite the opposite I am afraid.
I am not saying that it is not smart of amazon to buy properties, but the libertarian stance that companies can do what the hell they want is part of the reason our economy is so bad and the middle class is dying off.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe setting up for drone delivery and save on fuel costs? Have to compete with the Dollar Generals on every other corner! LOL

Did someone mention Dollar General???

...oh, and this video is at the "It's A Southern Thing" YouTube channel, which is primarily a comedy channel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom