Smith and Wesson Shield Plus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm shopping for a new carry gun and the Shield Plus was in the running. I have multiple M&Ps in the safe and I think you just removed a new one from consideration.

I used to be a machinist and would never let that get out of my work cell. They may consider it fine and it may actually be dimensionally in spec. But damn. Another minute or two of cut time, or an added 3 second tool change using a bigger end mill along with the smaller one they are already using is just too much to ask I guess. :nolike:

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EF7E65B7-94C5-4C4F-85AC-6E40CFE064F3.jpeg

I don’t like the no real flashlight attachment option with the Shield.

I’m a huge M&P fan, my username should be M&PPride, but I went P365XL for many reasons. Super happy after almost two years.

Reaction score
So, i did the math on it. The taper creates about a 0.6 degree downward tilt. At 100 yards this equals aroubd 40 inches. The optic only has 30 moa of travel in either direction. I dont have enough clicks to zero this optic further than like 7 feet. Is it usable? Yes. Is it right? No

Reaction score
I'm shopping for a new carry gun and the Shield Plus was in the running. I have multiple M&Ps in the safe and I think you just removed a new one from consideration.

I used to be a machinist and would never let that get out of my work cell. They may consider it fine and it may actually be dimensionally in spec. But damn. Another minute or two of cut time, or an added 3 second tool change using a bigger end mill along with the smaller one they are already using is just too much to ask I guess. :nolike:
I wonder if this slide was remachined to take off the rear posts a

It sucks because I like the feel of it. The trigger is better than the glock and p365. The cowitness irons is also a plus over the sig.

I hope they make it right. I shouldn't have to do this much QC for them. This should have been obvious out of the machine.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have the updated cut that does not have the posts in the back. A mounting plate is not necessary.
I expect the machining to be better than this. Seems my glocks and sigs are all smooth. Lots of tool marks here
View attachment 309439
The problem is that the Shield Plus comes with a Shield SMS cut and the 407k uses a modified SMS cut which has shorter front posts.

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/#shieldstandardimportantnotes
https://www.optics-trade.eu/blog/holosun-407k-x2-footprint/

Latest posts

Top Bottom