Smith and Wesson Shield Plus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In with

In with the obligatory "keep us posted". The Shield Plus is in the #1 slot along with the Walther PPS m2 to replace my current carry piece. Really like to see how it goes with yours.
Yeah, i wish it didnt have to be this way. I like the gun. I like the way it feels. The trigger is great. Better than the p365 and glock

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's on the way back to them. Customer Service literally told me to draw them a picture with a description. I laid it all out for them with the basic math. If it is indeed designed to have taper in it then that's just stupid and that's a design flaw. My expectation is that the optic cut be milled flat.
If they return it again and say it's right, I'll be returning the gun and I'll never purchase a Smith & Wesson product again.
I've owned a lot of guns. This has by far been the worst customer experience with one.
If you get it in front of someone who knows them, it'll get fixed or replaced. The key is to get it to someone with actual knowledge instead of a CS rep who doesn't know squat. It used to be everyone in CS had the skill and could diagnose their product, but those days are past it seems.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all the world it looks like the recoil posts are crap and aren't properly seating in the optic base. Can't tell if it's a diameter or height issue, but the one on the left looks like it has a lot of finish issues on tip, while the one on the right doesn't even look round. :(

Reaction score
For all the world it looks like the recoil posts are crap and aren't properly seating in the optic base. Can't tell if it's a diameter or height issue, but the one on the left looks like it has a lot of finish issues on tip, while the one on the right doesn't even look round. :(
The do look like crap, along with the rest of the machining. They are not the problem though

Latest posts

Top Bottom