Smith and Wesson Shield Plus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Shield Plus with an adapter plate and a 407K, I'll be zeroing it tomorrow (just purchased a week ago, still needs plate). I also have a 4" Shield Plus PC on order. These new flat triggers are awesome once I cleaned it up.
I really wanted a Glock 48, but the 10rd mag was a deal killer and the Shield Performance mags don't seem to be panning out.
If all else fails, a Sig P365XL will be next. I really want to see a P365 Macro with no compensator and 3.7" barrel.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw this pop up on another forum.

We’ve had issues with the Shield Plus O.R. model. The factory slide cut is slanted down and of the seven or eight we’ve mounted, none have been able to achieve POA/POI at 15 yards. Apparently this cut was done to accommodate the Crimson Trace optic, or so I’ve been told.

At this point we won’t mount an optic on a Shield Plus, and we’re looking at aftermarket options to mill the cut flat or make a plate that will deal with the angle.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one that I love, but mine was cut locally and not by the factory. I'm using a Swampfox Sentinel on it instead of the obligatory Holosun. The only thing I'm not thrilled with about it is magazine cost, but those have come down to $31 instead of $41 here lately. At least a little better.

Reaction score
I came here to post that also.

More confirmation that an adapter plate is needed to mount the 407k to a Shield Plus IMHO.
I'm still trying to see how a plate would help given the cut was updated for the holosun. Clearly there is a defect. I shouldn't have to use a plate to fix their bad machining

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still trying to see how a plate would help given the cut was updated for the holosun. Clearly there is a defect. I shouldn't have to use a plate to fix their bad machining
The plate will set the sight up a few thousandths and should help with your POA/POI issue.

What I'm trying to figure out is the angle you mentioned measuring and it sounds as if it's by design. If so I'd consider that a pretty large faux pas from S&W to cut it for a sight that's not anywhere near mainstream. If that's the case...

Reaction score
The plate will set the sight up a few thousandths and should help with your POA/POI issue.

What I'm trying to figure out is the angle you mentioned measuring and it sounds as if it's by design. If so I'd consider that a pretty large faux pas from S&W to cut it for a sight that's not anywhere near mainstream. If that's the case...
Raising the optic above the bore will not help. There's a .6 degree angle created by the cut. The optic only has .5 degree of adjustment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom