Smith quit making k frame 357's for a reason, guys.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load all my 357 plinkers with 158 grainers at around 1000 FPS. I don't suspect I will ever shoot enough of them to kill a k frame. Lot easier on the cylinder than shooting specials. That crap gets hard to clean after a couple hundred. 38 specials.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were you with SEAL Team 6 or Quail Springs 1? I have enjoyed about as much of this BS as I can stand. I gotta go sharpen my throwing stars before I go on duty at "Toys are Us" now anyway.

This may be one of the most epic replies I have ever read. I am truly humbled and raise a toast to you, sir.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still reeling from the fact that my 3" .357 magnums aren't capable of making bullets expand but at least, since they're Rugers, they won't blow up, still...someone should let gun manufacturers know.

I've shot .38's out of my GP100 once...it felt wrong, like not putting hot sauce on your gumbo...sure you can still eat it but why would you? Ever since then it's been chewing through full power magnums :)

That guy is windier than a sack full of farts.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Woah, using "turbo" and referring to someone else is almost offensive. I'm the original "turbo", so please, use his full SN. Thanks ;)

Oh, by the way, this thread is stupid.

just having a little fun turbo. mainly because the average passer by to this site doesn't need to think this is the norm.

Des547

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was a seagull post, he flew in, pooped on stuff and flew away.

I use a .380 Walther or a .38 Model 37 for CCW and a 12 gauge and a .45 for home defense. I've owned a bunch of .357's over the years and currently shoot a 6 inch Model 19 for fun. I, please note that this is just me, would not pick a .357 for a primary self defense sidearm unless that was all I could get. I agree with a previous poster, too much recoil, too much muzzle blast and flash.

The .357 is a classic cartridge and the Model 19 is a classic sidearm, both deserving a place in firearms history. Meanwhile, as our seagull flys into the setting sun, thanks for the information but I'll keep my 6 inch .357 and enjoy every round I fire in it.

Des

Latest posts

Top Bottom