Snakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody ever been chased by a water moccasin? let me tell this story that happened to me last night.

I was fishing my friends pond and it was starting to get dark, I saw a snake swimming across parallel with the damn I was fishing from, and I tried to cast over and snag it, my lure landed about 3 feet from the snake and it immediately turned and faced me, I started to real my lure in and the snake bolted toward me with its head and about 4 inches of body out of the water, I thought it was kind of funny until it didn't stop when I waved my hand in the air. I dropped my fishing pole and it stopped, I put my hand behind my back and it started moving at me again. I pulled my pistol and fired when the snake was about 15-20 yards out. It dove under the water and came up facing me about 5 feet farther left and 10 feet farther away, but it was still facing me. I shot at it again and it dove back under the water. I looked around for about 10 seconds not seeing anything except some turtles and then I looked down and the snake was coming out of the water about 18 inches in front of me at full blast, I shot off the back ~ 4" of its tail with an immediate shot and it turned and I decided to leave. I have seen hundreds of snakes while fishing and never had one do anything but go 100% the opposite direction as fast as it could, anybody ever had this happen?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been chased by them several times while fishing.
Every time I instigated it by pestering it somehow.
Now I just leave them alone...

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There at times when they do that. I've had that happen a few times and they ended up dead as a result. I will leave it be but if they get aggressive, I will shoot it.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will have the double nine loaded with rat shot next time, I just thought it was weird it came after me when I cast at it from so far away

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The people that put on the float tube fishing tournaments says the worst thing is to be in a tube and have one of them swim up to you.(common watersnake in my neck of the woods)
You try to swat it with your pole, and they get scared and want out of the water. Guess what, your the closest thing to being out of the water, and they will try to get on the tube with you. Not fun.
You may have been standing around some of her babies without knowing it too. That will make them agressive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom