So I experimented with purposely inaccurate ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a little test to see if I could have mixed case 223 in my ar shoot with a darn. I did 3 sets of 10 of varrying powder charge of h335. 3 LC 3 fc and 4 other commercial cases. First two sets were 2"+ (10 shot groups) 100 yard but the third tightened up outside of a flier. I could have pulled it wasn't really taking my time.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160628_2e25072b3e89c1ac7a7087125d3c1c76.jpg

Pics kinda show it I guess. These were 65gr game kings from 18" rifle gas ar. Shot off bipod with rolled up red rags as rear bag. I'm happy with that as a load for general purpose around the farm.

Still would like to prep some all the same cases and shoot some smk to see what she will do

Sent via message in a bottle

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's valuable info. I suspect if I shot any type of practical rifle competition with .223, I'd so something similar. I would not want to put in the rigor it takes to work up 100 rnds of match ammo just to blow through in it in a few minutes of shooting a match. (Unless it was a precision rifle type match).

Latest posts

Top Bottom