So I'm getting my own little shooting range sorta...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been here two weeks....talked my buddy into a suppressor. Went with him yesterday to the "local" dealer with a kiosk (1hr 20 minutes away) and he signed up for a Dead Air Nomad L.

While I can shoot out back, he showed me a guys private range that he lets people use if you guve him a heads up. Has a bench and target boards at 25, 100, 200. It's only about 15 minutes away so that's nice. In the summer I am kind of limited to 50 or less and 500. 100 and 200 doesn't work with crop in so that's a good alternative.

I also picked up 500 rounds of 9mm subs from the shop we went to. It's a little something to hold me over better until I get my Dillons up and running again.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the other safe in the house. My buddy who got the suppressor yesterday brought his skid loader down again to move it. While doing it he said he talked to the other guy I met who invited me to go coyote hunting and told him he got into a suppressor yesterday. Coyote hunt guy said he guesses he should come talk to me and see what's all involved so sounds like I may have another local going down the path of hearing safe shooting. Been a fun few weeks!

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess to clarify, my great grandparents passed 15 and 20 years ago. I would always rather go here than anywhere else for vacation. It's been vacant except for when we (my dad or I) go vacation there during pheasant season and a few times during the summer. I'm hoping to be able to "revive" it some as it just sitting there is not great as you guys know. We always do lots of maintenance when we are there but I'm hoping to keep on top of things instead of it being such a chore when my dad comes. Seems if you go up for a week, you spend 4-5 days painting and replacing stuff, doing yard work and all that jazz.

It's on propane and a well, and has a new septic system 2 years ago and a new HVAC about 2 months ago (It's never had central AC so we're moving up in life with the addition of that!).
If I had that property... I would set up at least one trap, and maybe skeet field! Then add Pistol Rifle range with Silhouette targets to supplement, and enhance, and entice local shooters to come out on certain days for each discipline. For example. Saturdays hold Trap Shoots (and maybe skeet at the same time/s) Then Sunday shoot the .22 LR and the .17 HMR at the Silhouette targets from 25 to 235 yard with different size targets at the different distances. It;s been a pretty good GOLD MINE Here. And you don't have to worry about the crops

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm working in the steels. I have an A-frame with 10 AR500 plates hanging, a rimfire Texas Star and working on a centerfire dueling tree.

I also have an electric thrower...so that's gonna get some use eventually.

Last week I set cable spools out at 7, 25 and 50 yards to use as shooting tables and to mark distances.

It's coming together! Like anything, it will take time.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also have a friend from this forum coming to visit and a few weeks and I think we are going to wall off part of one of the buildings and get the reloading room roughed in. I haven't measured exactly but it will be roughly 11x15 and will have my three presses set up. That will be nice because I have been shooting up my stash since I have been here because I have not really had a place to put the machines yet.

They picked the soybean in the field behind me last week so while he is here we will be able to shoot at any interval between 0 and 500 yards so I think he is going to bring a couple rifles to check dope on and we can have some fun.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm working in the steels. I have an A-frame with 10 AR500 plates hanging, a rimfire Texas Star and working on a centerfire dueling tree.

I also have an electric thrower...so that's gonna get some use eventually.

Last week I set cable spools out at 7, 25 and 50 yards to use as shooting tables and to mark distances.

It's coming together! Like anything, it will take time.
If your looking to buy some trap throwers, one of our Sporting Clays places lost the lease on the land and the are going to sell the equipment. If interested call me and I can give your some details as I know it, mine iss 5620-678-0041 Lv message due to spammers ands I'll call your back

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't remember if I posted this or not but one of the biggest projects that needed to be done sooner than later was this back wall and window. The window was leaky and this back corner for whatever reason always stays damp if it rains because there's no sunlight or wind so a lot of siding which was cedar needed to be replaced and the window too. For the time being we replaced the siding shown and the bottom boards around half of the house that had yet to be done. My dad and I did the bottom boards on the other half of the house last summer so it looks like we are pretty good there now. I got this in primer finally and will paint tomorrow. The whole house needs to be scraped and wire brushed and painted but this was the worst spot and definitely looks better now. Lots of rot in this spot but hey...the house is over 120yrs old and now it's fixed so I'd say it's doing pretty good.

IMG_20220820_190448484.jpg

Last edited:

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<--------If your looking for a pheasant hunting friend!!!
I've never hunting Pheasant, can I invite myself? Please give enough heads up, as I'm coming from Arizona. I drove Long Haul truck for 28 years. Always like driving through Neb. Could make a side detour to go visit my daughter in Iowa!

Latest posts

Top Bottom