so is there going to be Open Carry for those who dont have CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's going back a long way! 1 year after my dad was born almost to the day. There must have been a different definition of private property. Maybe urban vs country living outside of city limits? Pistols have been legal for deer hunting as long as I've been doing it since 1980. There was never any regulation in the ODW title 800 regs that required concealed nor restricted open carry. I'm not well versed in reading the legal lingo in these bills, so I may have missed something, but personal experience with OC on private property has never been an issue.
Pierce v State
1929 OK CR 91
275 P. 393
42 Okl.Cr. 272
Decided: 03/16/1929
Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's going back a long way! 1 year after my dad was born almost to the day. There must have been a different definition of private property. Maybe urban vs country living outside of city limits? Pistols have been legal for deer hunting as long as I've been doing it since 1980. There was never any regulation in the ODW title 800 regs that required concealed nor restricted open carry. I'm not well versed in reading the legal lingo in these bills, so I may have missed something, but personal experience with OC on private property has never been an issue.
Pierce v State
1929 OK CR 91
275 P. 393
42 Okl.Cr. 272
Decided: 03/16/1929
Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals

There is later caselaw that upheld this case as applying to the modern analogous statute after renumbering and restructuring (21 OS 1272), which is why we tried to pass HJR1026 a couple of years ago to amend the State Constitution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom