So my wife is stuck at sea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't worry you will have a blast! We are leaving on our 5th cruise next month. Hundreds of cruises go out every year & very rarely does something happen. How many thousands of wrecks happen every day & we still drive our cars around. BTW, we were on Magic last year & it was pretty sweet!

Ya they go out week should be fine and its a new ship. Never been going to Jamaica, grand cayman, cozmumel for 1 week. We have a full balcony 8th deck midship.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last year for our anniversary i took my wife to Australia. For our anniversary this year................

I'm thinking about going back to get her. :)

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a call from the cruise line and now they are saying thurs afternoon or night. They said thely will bus them back to huston right after they get to mobile or put them in a hotel until their flight leaves which could be a couple days? I have not had any contact with my wife in over 36 hours so I have no idea what she wants to do? Very frustrating!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a call from the cruise line and now they are saying thurs afternoon or night. They said thely will bus them back to huston right after they get to mobile or put them in a hotel until their flight leaves which could be a couple days? I have not had any contact with my wife in over 36 hours so I have no idea what she wants to do? Very frustrating!

Hope everything turns out well.
She cant call you from a landline ....somewhere?

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We took our daughter and two of her friends on that same ship last October. It was the oldest most worn down ship we've ever been on. This isn't shocking

I'm very sorry that your wife is going through this!

I was on the Triumph in July, my very first cruise. We heard complaints that the ship was old and run down, but when we got on it we didn't understand what everyone's problem was. It was a nice ship, kept clean, no holes in the walls, stains on the floor, or anything else. The only visible complaint that we actually did see was a small blacked out box on the big screen in the middle of the lido deck. Our room's bathroom was corral pink, which was another complaint, but this bothered us not one bit. If the Triumph is considered "worn down", then I'd love to see the other ships. Maybe my wife and I are easily impressed and don't expect much, especially considering the price, but we thought the ship, the crew and everything else about our vacation was amazingly perfect. Absolutely 0 complaints. The only thing I saw that I didn't like was one passenger who was bitching at a crew member because he (the passenger) was demanding he be able to use the crewman's passage to navigate to the opposite side of the ship instead of fighting the dining room crowd. Yes, let's break security policy because one guy paid a whopping $400 for his ticket and expects first-class, Titanic style attention.

I understand that Carnival is an entry-level cruiseline, but they also seem to be the most party oriented, which is more our style. If we wanted champagne and caviar on the veranda, we would have went with a more upscale cruiseline. Instead, we wanted endless beer and conversation with middle-aged drunks who know how to have fun. Low-brow, perhaps, but like I said, we're easily impressed and demand nothing. Despite not being a first-class cruiseline, the staff aboard the Triumph treated my wife and I like royalty. I have a lot of respect for the crew having to deal with a ship full of people who expect the world in exchange for their tickets they paid peanuts for. I have no doubt in my mind that the crew is doing their best, given the current circumstances, in making the best of the situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom