So We Are Thinking About Raising Speed Limits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive just as fast as the traffic and road will allow me if I'm feeling confident the law ain't around. However, my top cruise control speed is usually around 80-82. Trucks wound up pretty tight at that speed. I could use one more gear. Now if I'm not pulling a trailer I may set the cruise at 85. I'm an alert driver but a fast one I guess. I don't care for listening to the radio especially in town. This aggravates my wife. I like to listen to my vehicle.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see that we may raise the speed limit on some state turnpikes to 80mph.

That made me wonder why, no matter what the sign says, we think we should drive some faster.

I know you do it...Why do we do it?

The guy I followed into work this morning in the mid 80's ford LTD on the 2 lane road sure didn't abide by this rule. He was driving 50 in a 65.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
folks drive 80 (it seems) on Blvd in Edmond, the city could finance itself by having all the cops staked out. and everyone, it seems, has to fly by you, cut you off, so they can get to the stop light before you do. i wish my truck had a minigun mounted under the hood

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only because "Get the flock outta my way" wouldn't fit.

IMG_4383 (2).JPG

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend told me about his father's comment when he was learning to drive on the Dallas freeways. As he was weaving from lane to lane, passing each car in front, his dad tells him. "Son, you are never going to win this race" It seems like there are a good many that haven't learned that lesson..

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
folks drive 80 (it seems) on Blvd in Edmond, the city could finance itself by having all the cops staked out. and everyone, it seems, has to fly by you, cut you off, so they can get to the stop light before you do. i wish my truck had a minigun mounted under the hood

How about all the people on the I-35 northbound to Waterloo rd? They will zip past me when i am doing 70 just to get over and hammer the brakes so they can be one car closer. I am going to Guthrie anyway but nearly been quite a few wrecks. Same thing happens at 2nd st exit headed northbound with the people getting in the exit only lane and trying to shoot past. Saw one person on the hash marks trying to force their way in. Then you have the ones who miss the exit after shooting past in the far left lane to cut across and hit it by going over the hash marks.

As far as raising the limit I could care less. I generally arrive where I am going a bit early anyway and rarely speed. In fact the only time I can remember doing so on purpose was when the wife was in the hospital and I was trying to get back home last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom