So We Are Thinking About Raising Speed Limits...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive my old cars fast when the traffic is moving fast.
There are times I wish it was 150 MPH but I love high speed.
Wear and tear I ain't buying it. I do not see any more wear than I do at slower speeds.

I used to drive 150 miles to my fishing hole each week for a couple years. 2:30 am I40 east and back then the truckers were running 110 mph and faster.
My 82 mustang with 200" inline 6 would run 110 and that was it and those trucks would run away from me.
Made excellent time though and still got my 27 MPG with no Overdrive and a carburetor.
I did not have to put anything on that Ford except brakes and tires and oil and filters for 300,000 miles.
The clutch on the cooling fan went bad. Then the starter.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might as well raise it. As a general rule, I'm 5 mph over the posted limit. However, I'm also not crazy about driving much faster than 75 to 77. Unless I'm in Wyoming on the interstate and want to get the heck out of the state. (That's where I got my second speeding ticket in my whole life. First in Kansas in the early '70's and second in Wyoming in 2015 or 2016.)

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speed limit for me up to 70mph. Maybe 2-3 mph over. It pisses the wifey off who loves to drive pedal to the metal all the time. But she was raised in Kalifornia

Fast truckers,.. ha. IN the mid to late 70's the boys driving for Tom Inman had the best and ran the fastest.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speed limit for me up to 70mph. Maybe 2-3 mph over. It pisses the wifey off who loves to drive pedal to the metal all the time. But she was raised in Kalifornia

Fast truckers,.. ha. IN the mid to late 70's the boys driving for Tom Inman had the best and ran the fastest.

Faster than Monfort? They used to refer to the left, inside lane as the Monfort Lane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom