Soldier's selfie sparks outrage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A "selfie" photograph of a Fort Carson soldier who said she was hiding in her car to avoid saluting the flag went viral Tuesday, angering a lot of people and possibly prompting an investigation by her chain of command.

Pfc. Tariqka Sheffey posted the image to her Instagram account with a caption that read, "This is me laying back in my car hiding so I don't have to salute the 1700 flag, KEEP ALL YOUR 'THATS SO DISRESPECTFUL/HOWRUDE/ETC.' COMMENTS TO YOURSELF cuz, right now, IDGAFFFF."

http://newsok.com/soldiers-selfie-sparks-outrage/article/3937466

24T_missilejock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her CoC has been informed and she is being "delt" with. I follow numorous military related Facebook pages and there has been a rash of stupidity induced selfies that are surfacing. My son is an active duty medic stationed at Ft Hood. I told him to be careful what he posts to his page. His reply was "Dad Im not stupid you raised me better than that. I wont end up like these stupid bitches"

I feels good to know you did a good job raising your kids.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Her CoC has been informed and she is being "delt" with. I follow numorous military related Facebook pages and there has been a rash of stupidity induced selfies that are surfacing. My son is an active duty medic stationed at Ft Hood. I told him to be careful what he posts to his page. His reply was "Dad Im not stupid you raised me better than that. I wont end up like these stupid bitches"

I feels good to know you did a good job raising your kids.

And we all thank you for doing so!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me, every soldier, Marine, Airman, Sailor whatever has at one point or another tried to make it indoors before morning or evening colors started. The dumb part is telling the world about it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why would she volunteer if she doesn't give a **** about our country? she should be dishonorably discharged.

Because, like a lot of professions (Blue Welfare etc...), there is an entire class of people who join/serve completely for the pay, benefits, and status that come with the job.

They don't get "it", they never will, and no amount of command delivered discipline will change their souls. F$ck them all.

Trust me, every soldier, Marine, Airman, Sailor whatever has at one point or another tried to make it indoors before morning or evening colors started. The dumb part is telling the world about it.

Sorry, but you are wrong. I used to plow through the crowd of morons who would stand inside the door waiting for retreat to finish, just so I could have the opportunity to render the hand salute. Many of my fellow Airmen would do the same. When I became an NCO, I would drag those slobs outside with me. So not every SSAM has done it.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom