Somebody is shooting rabbits in the neighborhood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you people need to hook up with this organization. It's right up your alley, you'll feel right at home..

CtSEVdUUsAEmv05.jpg

Card carrying member of the club, i even have Merit Badges, wanna see em?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just weird that some dicks will indiscriminately kill things. If someone shot his dog, how would he feel? Yes, them are fighten words because I feel strongly that folks should not kill things they will not eat. Just sayn. Disagree or not, I won't change and neither will you.

Is OK if I eat what they would have eaten? :cool:

Woody

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the last several years i've had some species of hawk, it varies, keeping populations down. i've had Mississippi Kites (i've never seen one take a rabbit tho), Red Tail Hawks, Northern Harrier, and one year i had a Goshawk, that Goshawk is a huge bird.

have a friend who breeds rabbit dogs, he runs them out east of lake arcadia, he splained to me that rabbits will have a couple of good breeding years, then for some reason the numbers decline for a season or two, then back up again. don't know for certain if any of that is true or not but last year i only had a few rabbits in the backyard, this year i think they're possibly on their 3rd set of little ones and routinely run several out of the backyard when i mow

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the last several years i've had some species of hawk, it varies, keeping populations down. i've had Mississippi Kites (i've never seen one take a rabbit tho), Red Tail Hawks, Northern Harrier, and one year i had a Goshawk, that Goshawk is a huge bird.

have a friend who breeds rabbit dogs, he runs them out east of lake arcadia, he splained to me that rabbits will have a couple of good breeding years, then for some reason the numbers decline for a season or two, then back up again. don't know for certain if any of that is true or not but last year i only had a few rabbits in the backyard, this year i think they're possibly on their 3rd set of little ones and routinely run several out of the backyard when i mow
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotka–Volterra_equations for an explanation. When prey population increases, predator population increases, though there's a lag; increased predator population causes a decrease in prey population, which causes a decrease in predator population through starvation (again, with a lag); decreased predatory pressure allows for an increase in prey population, perpetuating the cycle.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Owls keep 'em down to a minimum where I live and work. They sound pretty cool at night too. Gotta say though, walking outside at 3 AM and seeing a black, car-width wingspan coming right over your head is not as comforting as one might think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom