Sonic cleaning solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Manages to get a couple of little better pictures. Still to dark but better. When I lighten them to close to where they should be they kind of wash out. The towel they are on is white if that tells you anything.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many cases of 9mm or .40 can you fit in one of those little cleaners? Can't be much.

I just don't see how this method could ever be superior to tumbling. Brandon...I tumble indoors. Mineral spirits + half an old dryer sheet = no/minimal dust.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can do a couple hundred 9mm at a time if I stack them neatly. About 150 40s.

The only real advantage of ultrasonics is how well they clean the inside and primer pocket. Especially on a bottle neck case like a 223 they do a much better job inside then a tumbler.

Both have their uses and strengths. I think the sonic gets them cleaner, faster while the tumbler puts a great polish on the case.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...I use old cartridge box plastic dividers to let them air dry over...

Putting the cases on a dryer rack and running the clothes dryer works great and speeds up the process. Note: Fumble around a little when using the dryer. Otherwise, the wife will start thinking you know how to do the laundry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom