Problems getting meds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of you guys know I am on O2 24/7. I also use a nebulizer for breathing treatments 3 or 4 times a day to keep my damaged lung clear. Last couple of months I have been having issues getting my meds for it. I was using a albuterol sulfate solution but was having trouble getting it so tried a different, more expensive drug. Turns out it is in short supply too.

Anyone else having getting some meds? If so do you know the reason? Is it something Biden screwed up or is there a good reason for it?

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I haven't had any issues, but some guys at work have mentioned certain med's their families are using have been difficult to get and my wife and kid have had some issues. Sometimes having to wait, get 1/2 a RX, etc.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had issues yet. But the top three countries where we get medications are, China, India, and Mexico. I have heard (cannot confirm) that FDA has changed some rules regarding generic drugs, which might contribute.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There has been a national shortage of the albuterol neb solution in in hospitals too for some time. One of the national suppliers shut down & another supplier is struggling to keep up with the demand.
The hand held inhalers of albuterol are not affected though. Maybe use that with a spacer to help when you are low. (Always use a spacer.)
Xopenex is the expensive substitute. It’s just albuterol without the S isomer, so essentially the same med.
I dont know if there are any other easily found bronchodilator solutions for nebs, just hand held inhalers.
Good luck

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There has been a national shortage of the albuterol neb solution in in hospitals too for some time. One of the national suppliers shut down & another supplier is struggling to keep up with the demand.
The hand held inhalers of albuterol are not affected though. Maybe use that with a spacer to help when you are low. (Always use a spacer.)
Xopenex is the expensive substitute. It’s just albuterol without the S isomer, so essentially the same med.
I dont know if there are any other easily found bronchodilator solutions for nebs, just hand held inhalers.
Good luck

OK, that brings a question. While I don't currently need any of such medications, what is a "spacer?"

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of you guys know I am on O2 24/7. I also use a nebulizer for breathing treatments 3 or 4 times a day to keep my damaged lung clear. Last couple of months I have been having issues getting my meds for it. I was using a albuterol sulfate solution but was having trouble getting it so tried a different, more expensive drug. Turns out it is in short supply too.

Anyone else having getting some meds? If so do you know the reason? Is it something Biden screwed up or is there a good reason for it?
Ive had my pain meds become hard to fill most of the year. Its seems a silent "shortage" is what its being called. So Ive been forced to get the script filled at the inhouse pharmacy next door to my dr. And have received three different versions of the same drug so far this year.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I was having problems getting Duoneb solution for my nebulizer. The work around was to get vials of the two drugs in Duoneb separately.

https://www.drugs.com/duoneb.html

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Akron Operating Company, LLC has shut down production in three factories as of February 2023, therefore reducing the supply and distribution sources provided to hospitals. There remains one U.S. manufacturer, Nephron Pharmaceuticals that is experiencing an increase in demand.

I found this article to go along with what has already been stated.

https://www.ashp.org/drug-shortages...etail.aspx?id=820&loginreturnUrl=SSOCheckOnly

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had my pain meds become hard to fill most of the year. Its seems a silent "shortage" is what its being called. So Ive been forced to get the script filled at the inhouse pharmacy next door to my dr. And have received three different versions of the same drug so far this year.

Yep. Same here. My doc faxes prescriptions to my pharmacy. The last 6 mounts have been nothing but me playing tag with my doctor's office and every pharmacy in town. Which results in me having to do without for a week or so every month. And then the pharmacist accusing me of being drug seeking because 1. I've never used their pharmacy before and/or 2. My script is dated so close to my last refill I have to wait to fill it.

It's not been a lot of fun. I am actually considering stopping pain management, getting my MMJ card and just drinking and eating gummies to control the pain. Problem with that is In basically non-functional when I drink and/or partake of thee devil's weed. I mean I'm pretty sure Grumpy won't mind if I switch -- then I'll just be horny and sleepy all the time. Perfect wife, huh?? I'd either be screwing his brains out or passed smooth out. 🤷🤷🤷

This is the thing I don't get -- opioids DO NOT affect me like they do others. I don't get ****ed up -- unless I take too much and then any buzz I get is ruined by the constant, unrelenting projectile vomiting that overtakes me for 8-10 hours after 💀💀💀 so it's not hard to NOT take too much. But liquor and pot -- ohhhhh baby!! It's party time! 😂😂😂 But "OMG she's AN ADDICT!!" if I take ONE pain pill. 🤷🤷🤷🤷 This world is SO ****ed up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom