Problems getting meds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, that brings a question. While I don't currently need any of such medications, what is a "spacer?"
IMG_2553.jpeg
Spacers suspend the mdi (meter dose inhaler) aerosol so that it’s easier to inhale & get better lung deposition than trying to time the squeeze with the inhalation without the spacer. Technically, if you do the inhaler correctly you don’t need a spacer, but only about 1% of people I’ve seen can do it right. Seen lots of folks use the inhaler incorrectly & all the med hits the back of throat or tongue instead of going in the lungs.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 420966
Spacers suspend the mdi (meter dose inhaler) aerosol so that it’s easier to inhale & get better lung deposition than trying to time the squeeze with the inhalation without the spacer. Technically, if you do the inhaler correctly you don’t need a spacer, but only about 1% of people I’ve seen can do it right. Seen lots of folks use the inhaler incorrectly & all the med hits the back of throat or tongue instead of going in the lungs.

Thanks for the explanation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom