Sooner State Pawn South is closing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The pawnshop I used to buy my C&R firearms at closed and is now a marijuana shop. It was in Enid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The one out on Garriot? I was going to stop by and recheck on a 327 Taurus they had. Yep, it’s a pot shop. I don’t need any weed today, thank you

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It appears to me a lot of gun related business is going down, Sgt. Everett's range closed and now Sooner State. These places were thriving during the Obama scare days. With most people buying online and shipping to FFL's now days it makes me wonder how long gun shops will be around. I think H&H will probably make because of the range but if they didn't have that I don't see them making it on sales alone. Prices are not very competitive. Just seems the fad has faded and the market flooded. I've always been into older wood and metal guns and they don't seem to be getting any cheaper so I'm not buying much these days.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what I know. I liked the 59th store because of my grandkids living in Norman. I do miss the Norman store.
I will drive the extra to the 23rd store. Jennifer is not following the move and yes I am going to miss her! If she is reading any of this I wish her the best in finding employment. The entire staff at the South store ALWAYS took great care of me and the customers I sent from NW Oklahoma.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NOOOOOO!!! Jennifer better be following them up there! She's been the best employee I've dealt with at 59th.

Agree. Jennifer stands out, but all have been great.

I found out Monday when I stopped in to pick up a transfer (and ended up buying a gun there too).

dca725a37d56016c9096210e45709b21.jpg

The 23rd location is a stretch for me, but I will continue to use them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what I know. I liked the 59th store because of my grandkids living in Norman. I do miss the Norman store.
I will drive the extra to the 23rd store. Jennifer is not following the move and yes I am going to miss her! If she is reading any of this I wish her the best in finding employment. The entire staff at the South store ALWAYS took great care of me and the customers I sent from NW Oklahoma.
Damn, sorry Jennifer is not going. The whole staff has been great though. Tommy has always taken care of me too. I wish the best of luck to everyone involved.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it seemed like one of my favorite members and I used to meet there fairly often. 23rd location is a bit further for mr, and a bit out of the way for him, but I'm betting we'll be hitting that parking lot sometime in the not too distant future. The are all very nice folks to work with, but not having Jennifer there will take a good amount of the enjoyment out of the experience.

Wishing them all, "best wishes"

Latest posts

Top Bottom