Sooner State Pawn South is closing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's unfortunate, but we are having to consolidate the shops. It's been an ongoing issue with our landlord and the landowner to the west of us. We've been looking for a new location in SW Oklahoma City for a few months, but they are far and few between. For the time being we'll just have one really big shop. We hope all you guys will make the extra drive to come and see us. AND YES, Jennifer won't be making the move. She wants to take some time off and may or may not be back at some point in the future! Our last day will be August 31st, and we'll be moving inventory over little by little between now and then.

-Tommy

Tommy is a heck of a nice guy and I will continue to do business with him...:thumbup3:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's unfortunate, but we are having to consolidate the shops. It's been an ongoing issue with our landlord and the landowner to the west of us. We've been looking for a new location in SW Oklahoma City for a few months, but they are far and few between. For the time being we'll just have one really big shop. We hope all you guys will make the extra drive to come and see us. AND YES, Jennifer won't be making the move. She wants to take some time off and may or may not be back at some point in the future! Our last day will be August 31st, and we'll be moving inventory over little by little between now and then.

-Tommy
I know of a great place for a store. Right here in Shawnee!! All the pawn shops here suck. They are high and usually have crap and the people just aren’t friendly like y’all. I hope y’all thrive in this new store. I’ll drop in when I’m up that way.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

-Tommy

Well, as you can see, you have a lot of supporters here. We wish you guys the best. Maybe having all that gun stuff in one place will help spur sales too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I loved SSP when I lived in OKC. Now I’m in Tulsa and would still drop in occasionally from time to time.

Great Peoples! Great Prices!

I will say though, I will not miss the parking lot or that part of town. The only time I felt safe on that street is when I was in SSP surrounded by good people and guns. Last time I was there I was getting gas at OnCue and Mexican gang banger got out of the car in front of me and was staring me down hard, 5 feet from me. I pretended not to notice him watching out of my peripherals. One hand on the pump, one ready to draw if needed. I don’t know if it because I was wearing blue scurbs and he was flexing but I’ve never felt threatened like that. I even told myself I probably wasn’t going back, not worth it. Glad to hear the 23rd store will remain and grow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never did business with them as I’m 100+ miles away but the personal recommendations from members here count for volumes of great customer service.
I’d certainly give them business if living closer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom