Soooo... what does karma give me for building my girl a pink AR-15???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I painted it. The paint isn't holding up all that well, already, with just a few insertions into the receiver. It is just the cheapo spray pink rattlecan you get at Hobby Lobby. It probably would have been better if I had primered things first, but I wasn't being that dedicated yet, it was just a quickie-job. I also like taking the bottom plate off and leaving it black. A nice-looking contrast, IMNSHO. I would recommend if you do paint a PMAG, you mask it off right at the point it enters the magwell and leave that part black. Just adding that couple layers of paint made it harder to insert properly, and I have some pink paint scraped off inside the magwell already. I also suspect it won't hold up to good cleaning well.

I imagine I will probably strip the paint off the mag the rail sometime and send it and a couple mags out for cerakoting with a slightly lighter and flat-finish pink color. Just to be more durable and match better.

And yes, the stock and grip are Magpul MOE, I got them off Egay. The grip was stupid high, about $60, I think, but that is because it is engraved with the Calico Jack emblem. I'd like to paint that black to set it off a bit more, but that will take a steady hand and alot of patience to get all the little fine lines right, and there will be no opportunity for cleanup... any spillover will be there forever and it will be completely ruined. So I haven't gotten the courage up to do that yet. If it comes right down to it, I may get a better grip (not an MOE fan, honestly) and have it hydrodipped with the emblems and colors I want, I think. The trigger guard is pink camo, all I could find.

Overall, though, I think it's a pretty sweet rifle. I've got just around $1200-1250 or so in that one, I believe. No optics yet, of course.

On a side note, I did buy a few sets of the Magpul PRS training-aid/airsoft flip ups, and it was a total waste... they won't even fit on the Picatinny rails at all. I don't have much in them... maybe $100-150 in all 5 sets, 1 OD, 1 FDE and 3 black. :(

Just hate spending ~$100 on flip-up backups I don't see myself using hardly EVER once I get some halfway decent glass picked up for them all.

I've got a few of pink MOE grips and while they are a good choice if the rifle is going to be treated roughly but otherwise I much prefer the Hogue/Ergo pink grip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom