Sooooo.. this 2000lb hunk of dead satellite is about to hit the earth......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure a big part of it will burn up before it hits ground or water ( most likely )... but even if it was reduced by half... 1000lbs of mean hitting on land would make for one hell of a boom. and if it hits near or on a city?????

Thoughts?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet it'll break up into much smaller parts...and barely make a splash.

Reminds me of a time way back in my youth when Skylab was coming back to earth. My Scoutmaster integrated the event into a land nav course/camping trip. Me and a couple other troop leaders went out with him and buried an old WWII training bomb in the middle of the woods before the scheduled trip (coincided with re-entry).

During the campout, we woke up the troop at o'dark thirty and the scoutmaster read a phony message requesting assistance in finding "Top Secret Payload" from Skylab. We split the troop up into a couple of groups and gave them a location to land nav to and conduct a grid search. One lucky group found the bomb and bought it hook line and sinker...

Latest posts

Top Bottom