Spanish language classes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfer69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will probably go the TCC route. Maybe I can find a co-ed with daddy issues to help me study.

You know I am going south of the border. What folks do not realize is that you will eventually need
Spanish in Oklahoma. Go to Texas or California, and see what I mean.

The birth rates tell the tale. I am not commenting on the "goodness" of this situation. Its just like the
weather, it is what it is.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The birth rates tell the tale. I am not commenting on the "goodness" of this situation. Its just like the
weather, it is what it is.

Are you saying that the new Mexicans don't want to assimilate and become "Americans" like we keep being told?

If a person wants to learn Spanish for work, or even for the hell of it – I think it’s great. I think we Yanks should be at least bi-lingual, in whichever language outside of English they choose. But I’m a stubborn SOB and just refuse to learn a language to accommodate anyone. I would like to know some Spanish, just because. No harm in it.

To go back on topic: if you want something to just listen to while you do other things that I feel works very well (and you can get past his accent and various mouth noises), Michele Thomas has some excellent audio lessons in just about any language you want to learn. I’ve been working on his German lessons at a very lazy pace, and with his method I seem to retain a good portion of what I’ve learned this way, even with big breaks in between lessons.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn. That's pretty jaded.

Dang JB ... you just now noticing ... FireCop's got NO USE for women except beating with a chair and beating with a car antenna* ...

*Lord, I haven't thought about Jim Miller in a LONG time ... thanks! He was the only attorney I worked for that I felt any kind of affection for. He was an absolute sweetheart but everyone was terrified of him. I adored him. His wife ran off with some dude and left him with an infant daughter to raise hence his saying about women are good for two things -- beating with a chair and beating with a car antenna. LOL He never remarried, didn't date. God love him, he passed away several years ago. Left behind a beautiful daughter and beautiful granddaughter that he absolutely worshipped.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang JB ... you just now noticing ... FireCop's got NO USE for women except beating with a chair and beating with a car antenna* ...

*Lord, I haven't thought about Jim Miller in a LONG time ... thanks! He was the only attorney I worked for that I felt any kind of affection for. He was an absolute sweetheart but everyone was terrified of him. I adored him. His wife ran off with some dude and left him with an infant daughter to raise hence his saying about women are good for two things -- beating with a chair and beating with a car antenna. LOL He never remarried, didn't date. God love him, he passed away several years ago. Left behind a beautiful daughter and beautiful granddaughter that he absolutely worshipped.

Now now....after three divorces, I've found that women have a use. They collect my paycheck and take everything I have even if it's nailed down. Beating? Not me. I have no urges for meeting "bubba" in the jail.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now now....after three divorces, I've found that women have a use. They collect my paycheck and take everything I have even if it's nailed down. Beating? Not me. I have no urges for meeting "bubba" in the jail.

I feel ya!! Wish Jim was still here. You guys would have a GREAT time comparing notes ... He abhorred his ex- ... But, by all accounts it was a well-earned hatred ... ;)

He and I were shooting the breeze in his office one Friday afternoon (waiting on 5 o'clock) and I asked him why he didn't date (he was a looker) and he said "Women are good for two things ... beating with a chair and beating with a car antenna." I nearly died laughing!! He said "Too bad you're taken. I might could work with you!" haha!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel ya!! Wish Jim was still here. You guys would have a GREAT time comparing notes ... He abhorred his ex- ... But, by all accounts it was a well-earned hatred ... ;)

He and I were shooting the breeze in his office one Friday afternoon (waiting on 5 o'clock) and I asked him why he didn't date (he was a looker) and he said "Women are good for two things ... beating with a chair and beating with a car antenna." I nearly died laughing!! He said "Too bad you're taken. I might could work with you!" haha!

Which reminds me of an old joke.

A test was given to join the FBI.

The first applicant was told that he had to be ruthless in his job, that the Bureau came first and everything including family came second. He was told that his wife was in the next room and gave him a revolver and told to go in and shoot her dead.

After a moments thought, He replied "I can't do it, I love her too much", handed the gun back and walked out.

The second applicant was given the same instructions with the same results.

The third applicant took the revolver, entered the room and five shots were heard. Shortly after the shots were heard, there was a scream and sounds of crashing furniture. When the confused agents entered the room, they found the applicant with a bloody table leg in his hand and his wife dead on the floor. When asked what happened, he replied, "I shot her, but some idiot put blanks in the gun and I had to improvise". "Do I get the job?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom