Speed Queen washer and dryer ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have the TC5 I believe, was under $800 a few years back at Hahn's, free delivery and took the old one away, even took an old fridge I'd used in the shop for awhile.

Just looked and it's the TR300, says commercial model on the name plate. Been awesome so far and the prices have gone up quite a bit, thanks bidenomics. oh and FJB!

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I posted in the attached thread. But again, when we moved to OK we bought new Electrolux front load washer and dryer. We came from older traditional top load washer and front load dryer. THe older units (forget the brand) worked well. Our Electrolux are awesome! We can stick a whole set of King sheets and comforter in one load and it gets everything clean. Super happy with them. My recommendation is to stay far away from any brand that says their top loader washer that doesn't have to tall agitator in the tub is a good unit. They are crap, period. The short stubby agitator and designed to use minimal water will not wash cloth at all but only make your clothes smell fresh.

We paid right at $3200 or so for our Electrolux machines with stands from Hahn Appliance.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
he can't find good reliable help.
That is a shame, we do have good people in this country and state but I hear tales of help hard to find and when it is found it is not quality help. All they want is a paycheck. What can be done to obtain good help, Higher wages? Better hours? Retirement benefits? (the young ones aren't looking for retirement benefits)
Maybe they don't want to start at the bottom, they all want to be the CEO.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a shame, we do have good people in this country and state but I hear tales of help hard to find and when it is found it is not quality help. All they want is a paycheck. What can be done to obtain good help, Higher wages? Better hours? Retirement benefits? (the young ones aren't looking for retirement benefits)
Maybe they don't want to start at the bottom, they all want to be the CEO.

I see it every day. Granted it retail, but I do work with a few folks that are dedicated and want customers to have a great experience and continue to return.

But over all, I have not been impressed with new hires the last few years.

The number of contractors, or folks that call themselves contractors, who say daily they cannot find help either is shocking, talking day labor here, cant even find those.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are going on 5 years now with are TR7 set. 7 year parts and labor warranty but have never used it. We got the TR over the TC series because the TC is incredibly loud. And the separate transmission is much harder on the clothes.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother and his wife have a gaggle of kids, and they do enough laundry that they were killing washers and dryers every couple of years. They bought Speed Queen last time, and those things have been rock solid.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, do you have any pictures?
no sir no pics. the washer has been mechanically sound and i thought when i bought it that i would have another washer that would last. unfortunately that hasn't been the case. if the cabinet isn't worthy of the mechanics the end result is the same as buying a junk machine and replace every five years. i am very disappointed to say the least. probably just get a kenmore top load agitator type cheapest analog control and replace in four or five years. if i was the op i would fix my old ones one more time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom