Sport bike question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had/ridden every kind of bike available.

I would suggest a Hybrid (Naked Sport) or look into Motards (Ducati Hypermotard 1100) or some of the new 'Nostalgic' bikes from Triumph or Ducati.

Good advice. I'm in this weird phase where a dual sport for adventure riding or a classic cafe build for general hooliganism would work well.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm partial to my supermoto. Consider looking at dual sport bikes. Play in the dirt and on the street. Upright riding position that's easier on an older guy's body.

OKSpeedDemon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 07 R6. I rode from OKC to Guymon on my second time riding it, spend the night in a hotel and drove back the next day. My ass started to hurt out past El Reno. I will ride it around town all day, no more long distance trips. I was only the one of two sportbikes and riding with a bunch of Harley Riders. I maybe interested in selling it. I don't ride anymore, all my buddies are old and married with kids. PM me if your interested.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the sport-touring models are the best compromise. My personal favorite is the FJR1300. From daily commuting, to weekend rides around the lake, to cross-country touring; a sport-touring machine is hard to beat.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Triumph or Ducati.
:rubhands:

Like about every one else I grew up with bikes ever since I was little going from my lil trail 50 to a 125 enduro to ride to school at 14 then a 250 dirt only, and then as an adult have had all kinds of bikes over the years, it was my dads fault for getting me hooked at a young age as he had about every type of bike there was back in the day and he rode year round always with his buddies. I keep a few different bikes, dirt to cruisers but have had no sport bikes in quite a few years. Ive been looking to get into a sport/cruiser. Interested to see what GC chooses.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Yamaha VMAX is an interesting bike if your looking for something fast but with a more comfortable riding position.
I don't ride, but my uncle does, and a V-Max was one of the bikes he used to ride. He rode that bike all over the western US (he and my dad used to go on week-long bike trips every summer), and he once had to lay it down on Pike's Peak...:shocked: He's about 6'4" and athletically built, but he's now in his 60s and retired due to back problems, so he's riding touring bikes (I think the last bike I saw him riding was a Gold Wing, but I could be mistaken).

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you plan on doing with the bike? Long road trips sight seeing, cruising around town and bike nights, racing of some sort? I have 7yrs riding GSXRs and just sold it a year ago. I've also rode my dad HD bagger and would pick the sportbike just for the adrenaline rush I got from my style of riding. I will say however I do not enjoy riding a sportbike with a passenger unless it's just tooling around town.

Speed-Tribe 4 Life

Latest posts

Top Bottom