Sporting Clays and Golf Chrity Event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfeisal

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA Friends,

Forgive my low post count (the forum and my WP8 phone don't like each other, and I rarely get on computer at home) and apparent newbie status (I lurked long before joining).

On Friday, May 3, 2013, the Oklahoma City chapter of AMBUCS, a national 501(c)(3) non-profit philanthropy organization, will host our annual fundraiser, the ClayGolf Shootout. This year, we will be holding the event at Silverleaf Shotgun Sports and Cedar Valley Colf Course in Guthrie, OK. We are currently taking sponsorships and player registrations! I hope you will join us! Registration form available at www.okcambucs.com (my permissions don't allow attachments yet), just mark OSA and your handle on the form when submitting, so I can come back to give shoutouts!

This is a unique 4-person team event featuring a dual format combining a round of sporting clays, lunch, and a round of golf. ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS EVENT BENEFIT LOCAL CHARITIES.

Oklahoma City AMBUCS supports local organizations such as The Children's Center, Coffee Creek Riding Center, Special Olympics, Special Care, Wounded Warrior Transition Unit through direct financial contributions as well as volunteering. Oklahoma City AMBUCS also provides free therapeutic tricycles called AmTrykes to toddlers, kids, teens, adults (civilian and soldier), builds wheelchair ramps at no cost to the recipient, and provides college scholarships to therapy students. You can learn more about Oklahoma City AMBUCS at www.okcambucs.com

If you have any questions, please PM, email, call/text (405) 202-0771. My name is Steven.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to meeting you on May 3!

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can tell you this event is a blast to play in.

Shooting clays in the morning, a great lunch and a round of golf in the afternoon. Think this may be the only event of it's kind in OK.

Really nice prizes to win for shooters and golfers. Last year the shooter's raffle prize was a Benelli shotgun and the golfer's raffle prize was a Southern Hill's golf package for 2 golfers. Plus tons of other raffle items and an honor team of wounded warriors from the Ft Sill Warrior Transition Unit led off the event after a 21 gun salute - WOW!

BUT the best part of the day for me was seeing a couple of kids with physical disabilities get a specialized trike - I actually teared up watching how happy the kids were to have their very first bike.

I won't miss this event EVER!!!

sfeisal

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you this event is a blast to play in.

Shooting clays in the morning, a great lunch and a round of golf in the afternoon. Think this may be the only event of it's kind in OK.

Really nice prizes to win for shooters and golfers. Last year the shooter's raffle prize was a Benelli shotgun and the golfer's raffle prize was a Southern Hill's golf package for 2 golfers. Plus tons of other raffle items and an honor team of wounded warriors from the Ft Sill Warrior Transition Unit led off the event after a 21 gun salute - WOW!

BUT the best part of the day for me was seeing a couple of kids with physical disabilities get a specialized trike - I actually teared up watching how happy the kids were to have their very first bike.

I won't miss this event EVER!!!

Look forward to seeing you on May 3! Maybe you guys will knock off the 3 out of last 4 time defending champs!

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those guys are pretty good. We'll try to give 'em a run for their money. I sure hope some more kids will get those special trikes in May. Man that really does make me feel good about playing when I see that.

Bleedsorange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I participated in this last year and we took 2nd place overall, still proudly displaying the trophy in my office. But like oksportsman said, watching the kids receiving their trikes was truly amazing! Does the heart good!!

This is a great time for a great cause!

Cant wait for May 3rd!!

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be there this year! Won entry into the event last year for coming in dead last at the Chill Benefit Golf Tournament! Hopefully we can make a showing at this event, seeing as our team is made up of shooters and not golfers. Hopefully our shooting with offset our golf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom