Stainless Steel Pin Tumbling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried out my new Thumler's Tumbler and stainless steel pin media for cleaning brass tonight. All I can say is wow. I've used both vibration case cleaning and ultrasonic cleaning. Neither came close to the results I got with stainless steel pin tumbling. With just 2 1/2 hours of pin tumbling the cases, including primer pockets, were clean and shiny both inside and outside.

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tom,
I think you will like it. I have tried all types of cleaning. For me, I deprime then tumble with stainless pins. No dust, spotless cases.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The formula I used:

5 lbs of media pins
1 gallon of water
2 tablespoons of Dawn soap
1/4 teaspoon of Lemishine

2 1/2 hours tumbling did great on my .40 brass. I hope it works as well on my bottleneck rifle brass.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The formula I used:

5 lbs of media pins
1 gallon of water
2 tablespoons of Dawn soap
1/4 teaspoon of Lemishine

2 1/2 hours tumbling did great on my .40 brass. I hope it works as well on my bottleneck rifle brass.

Same recipe I use for cleaning the baffles in my rimfire suppressor. And yes make the brass look new inside and out.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can back way off on the dawn.
I do a 2Q container and use 1/8 teaspoon lemishine and just a few drops of palmolive or dawn.
I also use hot water..
Back off the dawn to 1/4 teaspoon and i bet you get the same results.
Since i have started pin tumbling my cases my vibratory tumbler just collects dust

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can back way off on the dawn.
I do a 2Q container and use 1/8 teaspoon lemishine and just a few drops of palmolive or dawn.
I also use hot water..
Back off the dawn to 1/4 teaspoon and i bet you get the same results.
Since i have started pin tumbling my cases my vibratory tumbler just collects dust

Thanks, I'll try that. The water was rather sudsy.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have bought some brass from a couple of guys here on OSA that use the pins. I got to see one of their's in action and it was quiet too. I have been wanting one for a while. I could have gotten one on ebay but they were all the slower speed.

So, I backordered one from Midway. I will get the pins in few days. I already have some lemishine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom