Steel Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am planning on buying a 22lr for Steel Challenge and had a couple questions.
Is there a barrel length rule?
any inexpensive recommendations? I was thinking of the
smith and wesson 22A.

CaptainIPSC

Marksman
Reaction score
I would suggest a Ruger 22/45. Cheap. Reliable. Tons of aftermarket following when the itch to start modifying hits. You'll need a bag to carry it in. If you can pick up a few extra mags for a total of 5 and you'll be golden!!

Eric C

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would defiantly consider the Rugar 22/45 or the buckmark, tons of aftermarket options. i shoot a 22/45 with a volquartson extractor, last weekend i shot a steel match and had zero malfunctions... in fact i don't remember the last time it did. good luck on your decisions...if you have any other questions feel free to PM me or reply back.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would defiantly consider the Rugar 22/45 or the buckmark, tons of aftermarket options. i shoot a 22/45 with a volquartson extractor, last weekend i shot a steel match and had zero malfunctions... in fact i don't remember the last time it did. good luck on your decisions...if you have any other questions feel free to PM me or reply back.

+1 good advice

Latest posts

Top Bottom