Stereo installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggie Meat is one of the guys on the forum and he has his own mobile stereo install business. He does alarms and window tint too. Unfortunately, he's in Tulsa. His name is Eric.

He does good work, though, I know, I've paid him a LOT of money so far, with a lot left to go!

Great guy. I know you don't wanna pay him to drive over for something this basic, but it's a plug for people in the Tulsa area. He's done a bunch of custom work for me and he's good people.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
63rd and Broadway Extension.....on 63rd go West about 300 yards past the intersection......North side of 63rd. Its been sooooo long that I can't even remember their name.

Good looking stereo!!! Wow!! I think the last time I heard Crutchfield or got a catalog from them...Hmmmm...1985-88??? Great business deal with them....just a long time ago!!

Cohiba

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stereo install isn't that tough. When my dad and I did our first one in my truck after I turned 16, first we ordered the mastersheets from Crutchfield for $10 to see if we could do it. When we decided we could, and ordered from Crutchfield the $10 was credited to our purchase. At the time, Crutchfield was a great deal, at least for our specific needs. 1988-1994 GM trucks required a wiring adapter and a new dash panel that projected out some to install a standard single din receiver. These were included with purchase from Crutchfield, where they were around $20 each from bestbuy, and the receivers actual cost was the same from both places. I've probably installed 20 stereos since that first one, and 18 of them were in 1988-1994 GM trucks.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will ditto what everyone else said about doing it yourself. With pre-wired harnesses it is pretty much plug and play. Also, you can go to scosche.com and find instructions on how to remove the original head unit from your particular vehicle. To answer your question though, the guys at Discount Audio in Moore will treat you right.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been doing mobile audio,alarm,etc installs for over 25 years as a hobby and love it so much I would be in the business if I wasnt already in a couple of other small businesses. I even competed IASCA back in the day back home in California.

You can do it your self and the sky is the limit on how much you can customize, or you can pay someone to do it and get an even better professional job. Paying a shop to do it is worth the money plus youre helping support small businesses stay in business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom