Stillwater!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived in Stillwater I always just drove out to the Pawnee City Lake in Pawnee. They have a rifle range out there that is free to the public. It has a 100 yard range and is usually not too crowded. It is about a 30 minute drive from Stillwater but it beats the hell out of going down to the Cimmaron River by Ripley, Perkins, or Langston, which is what I always used to do before I found out about Pawnee.

D

Double Tap

I live in Pawnee, and the range behind the lake is good enough. However at Kind’s Guns in Cushing just built a range. It is still work in progress but if you go in and talk with the owners (David & Jen) they will let you shoot out there as long as you respect the range. We have begun offering the CCW class and other training there as well. PLUS you can’t beat his prices. It’s worth a little drive to buy guns for 30 to 40% less than you can find them in Stillwater.

G

goofygrin

My inlaws live in Stillwater... I wish there was a range there as we've enjoying shooting clays when they come visit :)

Anyone know the rules for the Pawnee free range? I'd love to bring out some of the cheap FMJ ammo that I bought for my Mosin (can't really shoot it here at the range in Dallas).

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know the rules for the Pawnee free range? I'd love to bring out some of the cheap FMJ ammo that I bought for my Mosin (can't really shoot it here at the range in Dallas).

There really isnt any rules. Its just a burm that you shoot into. You have to bring your own target. The only "rules" would be the usual safety precautions.

tdking

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ponca city has a nice range as well I have heard. I am planning on putting a hundred yard range in at my house.

Ponca's range is being expanded as I write this. Currently there are 2 - 25 yard pistol bays, a 50 yd rimfire rifle range and a 100 yd rifle range. The expansion will add 7 more 25 yard pistol bays, plus a 300 yard rifle range with a 200 yard shooting position also. For the money this is going to be one of the nice ranges in northern Oklahoma.

M

Matt Basterson

i second King's guns in cushing, they are real friendly folks. i've bought some stuff every time i go there. for one thing, the place is outside of the city limits and that means the sales tax is about 1/2 less because the city sales tax is not added on. check'em out, we need more places like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom