Stimulus checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right, and I could be wrong, I thought I read something that within the stimulus was language that put extra requirements on any businesses that "accepted" any bailouts from the stimulus. I know that at one time, Pelosi wanted an amendment in that any company accepting stimulus had to allow a union representative on that company's board.

Who knows what else is in that bill. I heard it was something like 800 pages long.

Ed Zachary - there were requirements like having a Director of Diversity, using hiring job banks that were race based, and 'minority owned banks'. I believe all that shite was in the House bill that got shitcanned, but let's just say I'm slightly distrustful of those derps up in Washington.

@ConstitutionCowboy I really do hope you're at least somewhat right. But I know there's enough of a difference in the flu, even a really really bad flu, and this COVID bug to make me quite nervous.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you guys that think it’s more political than dangerous, thought about what number of deaths will you make you decide it’s not just the flu?

Of course the media, politicians, anyone and everyone makes use of a crisis. This has always happened. Sometimes they’re created, sometimes they’re just propaganda. Sometimes the crisis is real and it’s just being used to further whatever goals different groups might have had. I lean towards the latter. If you listen to what actual doctors that are dealing with it say, it’s not just a big charade.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ed Zachary - there were requirements like having a Director of Diversity, using hiring job banks that were race based, and 'minority owned banks'. I believe all that shite was in the House bill that got shitcanned, but let's just say I'm slightly distrustful of those derps up in Washington.

@ConstitutionCowboy I really do hope you're at least somewhat right. But I know there's enough of a difference in the flu, even a really really bad flu, and this COVID bug to make me quite nervous.

love that movie (Big Trouble).

My biggest concern is my wife’s employer (small business with 3 employees). She went from full salary to half salary to no salary and commission only in the span of. A week. Problem is commission doesn’t work when she can’t sell from home because the system won’t run on her non-issued personal computer.

So I’m working up the pitch to put her back on ft + benefits during the shutdown , and taking the sba loan which converts to a grant if she pays everyone through the shutdown. Not sure if she’ll bite or not because currently my wife is in limbo and can’t file for unemployment even though she can’t make a dime, which sucks. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you guys that think it’s more political than dangerous, thought about what number of deaths will you make you decide it’s not just the flu?

Of course the media, politicians, anyone and everyone makes use of a crisis. This has always happened. Sometimes they’re created, sometimes they’re just propaganda. Sometimes the crisis is real and it’s just being used to further whatever goals different groups might have had. I lean towards the latter. If you listen to what actual doctors that are dealing with it say, it’s not just a big charade.

For me, it would have to kill more Americans than the seasonal flu. The economic disaster created by Covid-19 is part cowardice and part manufactured crisis, with a touch of reality mixed in.

For me personally, I lost $52 GRAND within 2 weeks, then made $18 grand back in a week. The markets are volatile but that’s no reason to panic. I’m ready to invest more when I feel like the crisis has mostly passed. I’d be doing it right now if it weren’t for all the chicken little’s effing up things as they’re wont to do. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man each day Italy's death toll keeps climbing they lost over 900 yesterday. They are much further in the curve than we are. I realize that may be partially due to their elevated age of population but Italy is what told me a few weeks back this is about to hit the fan. I had my family on lockdown almost a week before Gov started talking about this.
One has to wonder if the 300,000 chinese that own and work in the manufacturing while living in Northern Italy and traveled back to China for the holidays and then back to Italy brought it back with them. There were fights coming from China way into their crisis. Northern Italy is the epicenter.
Seattle and Vancouver Canada were epicenters of the virus. Both heavily populated by asians that flew back from the holidays as well.
Why was the lame stream media so giddy when Wuhan reported 0 new cases when they actually quit testing?
China doesn't care about their people. A pandemic that reduces their population would be fine with them.
Anybody remember the days when the Red Army would only allow only one child per family? If born a female they were killed. Born a male, they lived.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, it would have to kill more Americans than the seasonal flu. The economic disaster created by Covid-19 is part cowardice and part manufactured crisis, with a touch of reality mixed in.

For me personally, I lost $52 GRAND within 2 weeks, then made $18 grand back in a week. The markets are volatile but that’s no reason to panic. I’m ready to invest more when I feel like the crisis has mostly passed. I’d be doing it right now if it weren’t for all the chicken little’s effing up things as they’re wont to do. :(

The stock market doesn't ONLY go up, especially when the UP was created by cheap corporate debt and stock buybacks. Lol.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mistake.......I was thinking I heard that when the stimulus thing was first being kicked around that we'd have to pay it back.

I'd still rather see my portion go to someone more needy......donating the money to a worthy organization will be my plan.

PM ME FOR ADDRESS OF WORTHY ORGANIZATION TO SEND THE CHECK TO. (Don't forget to sign the back of it).

You're totally wrong. This isn't just another flu. The death rates we're seeing are substantially higher than the flu. Yes, the MAJORITY of people are just getting a flu-like illness... but this is real stuff, and real people are dying. Not just old people, not just unhealthy people. People who are young and healthy.

I hope we don't see large numbers getting bad, and I hope like hell we've overreacted to the point we have put the brakes on it. But for right now, we're not anywhere NEAR the peak and if this keeps spreading the way it has the last few days, the deaths are going to be scary high. It will make the 35-45k a year from the flu look like a cold.

I hope you're right, but I'm afraid you're not.

THIS. Those saying this only kills the old and sick ... tell that to the people who've lost a child to it.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PM ME FOR ADDRESS OF WORTHY ORGANIZATION TO SEND THE CHECK TO. (Don't forget to sign the back of it).

THIS. Those saying this only kills the old and sick ... tell that to the people who've lost a child to it.

I have just been in the corner, screaming about it for weeks....right now the US death rate is 1.756% which is terribly bad. the flu is 0.1% at most in the USA, so far this is 17.5x worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom