Stock Market… this isn’t good IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Premarket. Do I stay or do I go?🤪. Should be interesting this week, got commodities? May buy a some PDBC, we’ll see.

71EC15BB-38A1-4645-89A7-1106A4166697.jpeg

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled everything out a month ago and am not playing around any more until we get some competent management in the country besides Joe Biden/Harris. I was invested in all commodity stocks and I eased out over a period of about 3 weeks. Got out intact at a slight trading profit and only took a small percentage loss on 2. I had to do some fancy down trading to do that.
Right now it is just too bone crushing hard on the long side. A war with Russia that has a potential to go WW. An Imbecile for a President. Nose bleed gas prices and tightening interest rates into a possible recession. Any one of these things by itself is a potential stock market killer. But all at the same time?

No way. I'm done until things change or Biden is gone and I have been in the market in some capacity since. 1991

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A bounce is expected before the second bottom and real crash. So I wouldn’t have any confidence in a jump in prices.

Looks like it’s in for another drip this morning.

82F46836-ACAC-4EB0-BE17-0E3276FCEF17.jpeg

And check out the year to date!

A9C78BC5-0871-421A-978E-72F2D891394E.jpeg

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled everything out a month ago and am not playing around any more until we get some competent management in the country besides Joe Biden/Harris. I was invested in all commodity stocks and I eased out over a period of about 3 weeks. Got out intact at a slight trading profit and only took a small percentage loss on 2. I had to do some fancy down trading to do that.
Right now it is just too bone crushing hard on the long side. A war with Russia that has a potential to go WW. An Imbecile for a President. Nose bleed gas prices and tightening interest rates into a possible recession. Any one of these things by itself is a potential stock market killer. But all at the same time?

No way. I'm done until things change or Biden is gone and I have been in the market in some capacity since. 1991
Can you help us understand why you would exit commodities? Those seem to be the one thing that might still make money and profit. For NOW. Wheat, corn, oil, nat gas all seem to be reaching for the stars at the moment.
And bonds. I’m sure people are rushing into bonds. They certainly aren’t fun or exciting, but I guess better to grab 2%, than down 17%.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you help us understand why you would exit commodities? Those seem to be the one thing that might still make money and profit. For NOW. Wheat, corn, oil, nat gas all seem to be reaching for the stars at the moment.
And bonds. I’m sure people are rushing into bonds. They certainly aren’t fun or exciting, but I guess better to grab 2%, than down 17%.
Bonds have an inverse relationship with interest rates. Meaning when the rates increase, the bond prices decrease. If someone bought a bond today and rates increase, the price of the bond will drop, they would lose money of the sold the bond. And the rate the bond is paying would be locked in at the lower rate. It’s a lose lose proposition to buy bonds if interest rates are going to rise. And the Fed has told us they are raising rates, with 11 more expected over the next couple of years.

perfor8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going "risk off" to an all cash position guarantees a loss of >8% per year if you believe the "official" numbers. Your rate of inflation is personal because the rate varies among sectors - so it really depends on where you spend money. Most outsiders doing their own math say the real average rate is closer to 15%.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone is going into Crypto,right? Some claim Johnny come lately is the savior , we”ll see looks like entry points if you partake.
C58CB131-E92A-4FF9-9B4B-6125CE202765.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom