Stock Market… this isn’t good IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LennyDw

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Like Buffett said, when everybody's greedy I get scared, when everybody's scared I get greedy. Don't think it's gotten as bad as it's going to get yet, sucks for those retiring soon.

Watching Bitcoin go from 65,000, to 24, 000 just made me smile

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some acquaintenances who are into crypto. I tell them, “it’s like a ponzi scheme. Your valuation only goes up if others buy in. There’s nothing else driving crypto value except demand for said crypto.”

One responded that the dollar was equally worthless, to which I said I could at least spend said dollar at a store.

I listened to a podcast where they interviewed a kid who bought some form of crypto for pennies on the dollar, it went up and he would have had $400,000 but he forgot the password to his computer. No password, no crypto so he’s out that money.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1655184165004.png

Not many people need to be afraid of their investments. It's scary now but the market always comes back and gets bigger. Those retiring shortly are the ones that will be hurt the most. The younger and those with significant investments will get through this with probably some gains when the market comes back. It always does proven by this 100 year graph.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Record inflation, supply chain issues, and a retarded energy policy. Everything will come back, but it's going to take another President in office. We MIGHT see some relief if we sweep the elections in the fall. Gonna be some stuff on sale though.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With retirement coming up next month, I’ll be looking at finding an income stream investment. With pensions & SS, ill only be needing 2500/month to match my current working income. Looking at a fixed indexed annuity, municipal bonds, etc. Expected rising interest rates are changing the decision process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom