Stock Market… this isn’t good IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
even those who pulled their stuff from the exchanges will suffer when the exchanges fail.

i recently took a road trip all thru the south. i was definitely surprised to find a "buy bitcoin here!" kiosk at EVERY bodegas gas station, even like in the hoodest of hoods. that's when you know it's time to bail LOL

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm not sure anyone my age plans on "retiring" whatever that mean. pensions aren't a thing unless you work for state, it's just a different game. that's why they are able to trap so many young people with massive college debt, entice them with get rich schemes like day trading on the market or crypto, etc.

those things seem more attainable for people my age, so they take those chances. but imo most of that is a losing game if you are planning long term because of the extreme volatility (crypto obviously the worst), aside from the fact that we know basically nothing about it and who owns it. not to mention there's a debate on whether it could lead to cheaper energy prices or ridiculously expensive energy prices, etc etc.

i dunno, my great grandpa died the day he stopped working. i'm trying to draw it out a bit so it won't be so harsh.
Actually there is an added benefit of working longer, in general those that work live longer. Conversely those that retire earlier tend to live longer as well. Average length of time for those in retirement is 2 1/2 years, especially for those in management.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1655297273587.png

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I sold about 80% of my aggressive investments when buydun was elected. I am down a total of 3% currently from my high, however if I stayed in those investments, I would be down more than 24% from when I sold. That doesn't include the run up under buydun.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What cracks me up is a Company like Ford. They screw up product launches and have some pretty huge recalls (Mach E - 49k, now a major cross platform due to cable shifter bushings of 2.3 million cars.) GM has had some major ones too but the typically fight them tooth and nail before they are forced to do the recall. So Ford has a triple whammy, bad management and shortages of chips and other supplies. and now the economy. Wonder how many other companies are poorly managed and are not as obvious? My guess, ALOT.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
What cracks me up is a Company like Ford. They screw up product launches and have some pretty huge recalls (Mach E - 49k, now a major cross platform due to cable shifter bushings of 2.3 million cars.) GM has had some major ones too but the typically fight them tooth and nail before they are forced to do the recall. So Ford has a triple whammy, bad management and shortages of chips and other supplies. and now the economy. Wonder how many other companies are poorly managed and are not as obvious? My guess, ALOT.
these companies are poorly ran BECAUSE THEY DON'T EVEN NEED CUSTOMERS.
just about every company on the stock market right now ALREADY FAILED AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CLOSE YEARS AGO.

it's all a sham and has been for decades.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
these days a companies "ability to succeed" is based on how many gay pride events they attend each year; not their P and L's.

it's been this way since at least obama.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
these companies are poorly ran BECAUSE THEY DON'T EVEN NEED CUSTOMERS.
just about every company on the stock market right now ALREADY FAILED AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN FORCED TO CLOSE YEARS AGO.

it's all a sham and has been for decades.
Almost every company needs customers, it's a matter of how much crud management feels the customers will put up with. Then you have companies like GameStop that is on life support...

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Eh, i mean.....i'm not sure anymore. there is a real possibility that the government has straight up been paying the bills in one way or another for these businesses for DECADES.
they should have all failed in the early 2000's but we know what happened.

we just thought "too big to fail" was to prevent economic disaster. not to push cultural propaganda. but that's why they were "too big". a deal was struck.

"we'll bail you out, but you have to accept globohomo as your Lord and Savior"

and they did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom