Stock Market… this isn’t good IMO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tsp.jpg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stock Recommendation:

Seriously though, Gold and Silver really haven't done a darn thing. Crypto puked, wheat, porkbellies and corn? commodities futures may be a good bet with a fertilizer shortage looming.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
something something.....camel thru eye of a needle.....

can't win playing their games
can't beat the devil playing his tune.
everyone knows the follow up verse to when ol' johnny went down to georgia and thought he beat the devil.
that golden fiddle was cursed.
the devil always wins.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
something something.....camel thru eye of a needle.....

can't win playing their games
can't beat the devil playing his tune.
everyone knows the follow up verse to when ol' johnny went down to georgia and thought he beat the devil.
that golden fiddle was cursed.
the devil always wins.
Not disagreeing, but not agreeing either. Remember Johnny did beat the devil. Also during biblical times what was the measure of wealth? Not just ownership but slave ownership/servants if I am not mistaken. In order to retire comfortably one must save and invest. Sad that simple bank savings can't do the job.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not disagreeing, but not agreeing either. Remember Johnny did beat the devil. Also during biblical times what was the measure of wealth? Not just ownership but slave ownership/servants if I am not mistaken. In order to retire comfortably one must save and invest. Sad that simple bank savings can't do the job.
eh i kinda interpret the good book a bit different than most, i'm willing to admit.

but when Christ said "give unto caesar what is caesar'" i don't think he was implication a laissez-faire attitude towards government and/or taxes.

i think he was saying "don't give them anything because they don't earn it". i guess my definition of "comfortable" is different than most. i know that changes when you age; but there's a lot of silver spooners here lol.

what is one saving and investing? are we all supporting an evil synagogue of satan? i think so.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
eh i kinda interpret the good book a bit different than most, i'm willing to admit.

but when Christ said "give unto caesar what is caesar'" i don't think he was implication a laissez-faire attitude towards government and/or taxes.

i think he was saying "don't give them anything because they don't earn it". i guess my definition of "comfortable" is different than most. i know that changes when you age; but there's a lot of silver spooners here lol.

what is one saving and investing? are we all supporting an evil synagogue of satan? i think so.
Far be it from my to criticize one's faith! Glad you have it, faith in God is something many of us struggle with and are short of. Money can do great things, it can do horrible things too. For now I have a little faith in the markets, but my timeframe has been pushed out a few years.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m glad my stop loss got me out of this one last year, it’s in trouble as well. I hope everyone investing in digital money has it off the exchanges.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Far be it from my to criticize one's faith! Glad you have it, faith in God is something many of us struggle with and are short of. Money can do great things, it can do horrible things too. For now I have a little faith in the markets, but my timeframe has been pushed out a few years.
i'm not sure anyone my age plans on "retiring" whatever that mean. pensions aren't a thing unless you work for state, it's just a different game. that's why they are able to trap so many young people with massive college debt, entice them with get rich schemes like day trading on the market or crypto, etc.

those things seem more attainable for people my age, so they take those chances. but imo most of that is a losing game if you are planning long term because of the extreme volatility (crypto obviously the worst), aside from the fact that we know basically nothing about it and who owns it. not to mention there's a debate on whether it could lead to cheaper energy prices or ridiculously expensive energy prices, etc etc.

i dunno, my great grandpa died the day he stopped working. i'm trying to draw it out a bit so it won't be so harsh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom