Stocking Up on Mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Noticed Classic Firearms has all flavors of Pmag on sale right now with the Gen 2 AR going for $8.99. I'm fighting the urge as the credit card bill has been a bit high lately, with having to fix the mother in laws A/C.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any Firearms enthusiast who survived the 94-04 AWB should have been stocking up on mags the day after the ban ended. There are several states on the east coast who adopted the ban as a state law. Any pre-ban mag (especially Glock mags) are paying $100.00 and up per magazine.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This brings up another talking point. I know it’s going to be different for everyone but what number of mags do you feel is adequate for your situation? Or, are we just stocking up due to the possibility of a ban?
Being as I hate loading mags, I shoot a lot, so the shadow2’s have 17, boxes of various Glock 22 and 17 mags, dozens of ar mags, same with beretta 92 mags, and M&p .40 mags.

So a good answer is a lot. They don’t go bad, if you buy right, buy them all.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being as I hate loading mags, I shoot a lot, so the shadow2’s have 17, boxes of various Glock 22 and 17 mags, dozens of ar mags, same with beretta 92 mags, and M&p .40 mags.

So a good answer is a lot. They don’t go bad, if you buy right, buy them all.
I’m just sick of trying to keep them organized and stored…

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m just sick of trying to keep them organized and stored…
Brother I picked up this little section of gym lockers, like 8 doors, each locker has different mags, better than anything I have found so far. A guy could do totes or Tupperware type things but this works

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m old enough that guns became interesting to me a few years before the end of the AWB. AR-15s were neutered poodle shooters and a serious person carried a 45ACP and 30 cal rifle. We waited with baited breath for the AWB to sunset or be renewed permanently.

The older generation that I hung out with told me that when the ban ended, one better get while the getting is good. It’s funny to think that some of you were in diapers when the AWB was in effect.
I think we all are getting older.

Latest posts

Top Bottom