Stop and Frisk - NY City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone post about this. I'm curious about what the thoughts are about the subject. It sounds unconstitutional that someone, anyone can be walking down the street minding their own business and be stopped and patted down for no reason by the police. It seems I may be wrong, or it's just the people who live in NYC that are for this, even watching Fox News, they are all for Stop and Frisk and I can't figure out why. The only thing I can figure is they live there and they have seen crime go down because of Stop and Frisk and they feel safer.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The suit was ruled on last week, a judge sided with the plaintiffs. There are now more restrictions on the practice.

I think it's very wrong. I find it hard to believe a liberal place like NYC allowed this. Maybe it just shows they value security over liberty. I know it's more complicated than that.

It seems odd that this was going on while all the uproar about profiling and the Arizona immigrations laws was going on. This seems much worse to me.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait a second, here in OK if you are in certain neighborhoods and "look wrong" (i.e. are profiled) the cops will stop and question you and then they have some list of criteria they use to decide if they can lawfully go further if they deem it advisable. The NYC cops have a list of criteria they use as well and they insist it isn't just racial profiling - maybe that's true, maybe it isn't. However, the OK folks whose neighborhoods are being protected don't seem to raise a stink about the poor interlopers in their nice neighborhoods being abused by the cops. There is nothing unique about NY except that the NYPD can't hide the practice from being observed whereas county Sheriff Depts can.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe if we had a choice of friskers. Can I order a redhead with small hands and a ponytail?

cdnl.complex.com_mp_620_400_90_0_bb_1_ffffff_bd37420711ac9548734beee5c3195726b87724f1286871109.jpg

he'll put it in a ponytail for ya

Latest posts

Top Bottom